JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few of you here who maybe know me, are aware that I'm a soft touch for a sob story from anybody. Me, I chase snails to stop them being picked up by wandering seagulls, and I HAVE been known to set dandelion seeds loose from spider's webs so that they can achieve their very own karma.

Yeah, right.

But this thread, from over on our sister forum - sigforum.com - really busted the old tear ducts, and no apologies. I'm not really 100% sane right now, due to the high-strength meds I'm taking for my busted knee, so I hope you'll all look on me kindly, 'kay? I have a VERY low emotional threshold at the best of times, but this................well, read it yourselves.

'It Broke My Heart': Ohio Officer Helps 7-Year-Old Boy Trying to Sell Teddy Bear for Food - Topic

tac

A few of you here who maybe know me, are aware that I'm a soft touch for a sob story from anybody. Me, I chase snails to stop them being picked up by wandering seagulls, and I HAVE been known to set dandelion seeds loose from spider's webs so that they can achieve their very own karma.

Yeah, right.

But this thread, from over on our sister forum - sigforum.com - really busted the old tear ducts, and no apologies. I'm not really 100% sane right now, due to the high-strength meds I'm taking for my busted knee, so I hope you'll all look on me kindly, 'kay? I have a VERY low emotional threshold at the best of times, but this................well, read it yourselves.

'It Broke My Heart': Ohio Officer Helps 7-Year-Old Boy Trying to Sell Teddy Bear for Food - Topic

tac

Dang man! I was going to avoid it because I'm a softy for kids and animals (lots of adults I could live without happily lol).

But then you had to toss the pain killers and busted knee into the mix so I'll have to man up and watch it....

Off topic - what did you do to your knee? I'm dealing with 2 rips in the meniscus and waiting for the red tape to clear for a surgery...

Dammit Tac!! Now I've got something stuck in my eyes...can't seem to get rid of it....:oops:

I swear there will be a special place in hell for people that do such evil crap to kids. Thank goodness for good officers.

I treat my dog better than some people treat their kids. :s0002:

Dang man! I was going to avoid it because I'm a softy for kids and animals (lots of adults I could live without happily lol).

But then you had to toss the pain killers and busted knee into the mix so I'll have to man up and watch it....

Off topic - what did you do to your knee? I'm dealing with 2 rips in the meniscus and waiting for the red tape to clear for a surgery...

Red tape. What red tape?

You told me last week [When you were out of your mind on pain meds].
That I could do your surgery! :s0108:

Good on the LEO. What is sad is that there are thousands of hungry children in the US because their parents sell their food stamps to buy alcohol and drugs.

I have always thought highschool should focus more on life skills then English and second languages or the like...

Teach them how to run a household and budget money, balance check books, keep from applying for every credit card that comes in the mail etc. Take care of a child...

Most of these kids aren't going out and becoming engineers and doctors so why bother prepping them for that?

Just something I've always thought about and my own opinion. I certainly can't speak any of the Spanish or German I learned and my math skills have probably fallen down to 2nd year algebra I'd guess. My grammar is mediocre and sentence structure is closer to how I speak then it is 'proper'.

70 y/o knees + floor laying = PAIN.

Say no more.

tac

Ouch - even in my 30's laying tile was grueling at times. No wonder your having knee issues:rolleyes:.

Best of luck on your recovery!

Red tape. What red tape?

I was probably saner then, then I am now:D.

After moaning and complaining to my insurance and doctors office I've gotten some straighter answers and less smoke blown up my skirt - looking like October ish is more likely when I'll get in, so It'll be December before I'm close to normal again:oops:.

Yeah I read this the day it came out. I have two emotions.
Complete sadness and heartache being a parent.
And complete anger for anyone who would treat a child in that way.
There should be a specific sentence for people like this.
Straight to the hot box and throw away the key. No food, no water. Just complete misery until you pass.

Stories like this make me have to believe there's a Hell.

My wife worked for a store once at the intersection a couple with their baby got in an accident and fled the scene leaving the child behind.
The police that came knew the people in my wifes store and had them watch the kid until they could get child protective services there. One of the girls tried to make the baby a bottle. The diaper bag was filthy and there was a slug inside the babies bottle.
It made the few there trying to help, who were all parents cry and lose their emotions.

The parents were meth heads.

It was a pretty traumatic experience for them.
Those people should not be able to exist. That's beyond evil.

My wife worked for a store once at the intersection a couple with their baby got in an accident and fled the scene leaving the child behind.
The police that came knew the people in my wifes store and had them watch the kid until they could get child protective services there. One of the girls tried to make the baby a bottle. The diaper bag was filthy and there was a slug inside the babies bottle.
It made the few there trying to help, who were all parents cry and lose their emotions.

The parents were meth heads.

It was a pretty traumatic experience for them.
Those people should not be able to exist. That's beyond evil.

Meth is a pretty bad drug and prolific in north Clark and all of Cowlitz Counties from what I hear and read.

It's too bad and why their is such a large workload on social workers and people in the child protective services.

i'll be damned if my kid ever goes hungry.

edit: and BTW, you will never see someone sh!t all over a loved one as fast as meth addiction will. GD tweekers ARE the walking dead. i have no sympathy for tweeked out idiots, i see them all the time boucing all over the place like some sort of cartoon. i do, however, feel really really bad for the innocent children directly affected by that sort of scum.

70 y/o knees + floor laying = PAIN.

Say no more.

tac

Well, I hope that you recover quickly, Tac!
No need to ever apologize for empathy for a kid! Every decent person feels just the same! You're and Clearconcience's stories break my heart! Bless the caregivers and the people they help!

i'll be damned if my kid ever goes hungry.

edit: and BTW, you will never see someone sh!t all over a loved one as fast as meth addiction will. GD tweekers ARE the walking dead. i have no sympathy for tweeked out idiots, i see them all the time boucing all over the place like some sort of cartoon. i do, however, feel really really bad for the innocent children directly affected by that sort of scum.

Yeah I have a cousin that was a meth head. Her and her husband. Luckily I didn't see that side of the family often (portland liberals) but their son of course grew up and what happened to him right after high school? 10 yrs in prison for armed robbery. He got out about a year ago and got an inheritance of about $20Gs. So he bought a bunch of drugs and started selling it. Won't be long before he's back in prison.
The apples never fall far.

I just wish they would do like the prosecutor in the south did, forced sterilization.
Until he got fired for it.

Those people have kids among kids so they get that obama money then their kids grow up to be criminals or have to be taken care of by the state.

I treat my dog better than some people treat their kids. :s0002:
Red tape. What red tape?

Damn right! Anyone that would mistreat a child or anyone or anything deserve a savage punishment!!!:mad:

The only knee surgery that I would be capable of doing would be knee capping, IRA style! Let me know? ;)

Good on the LEO. What is sad is that there are thousands of hungry children in the US because their parents sell their food stamps to buy alcohol and drugs.

Sigh! And more everyday! So let's legalize pot, it's a "happy drug" after all! :mad: Arrrg!!!

I have always thought highschool should focus more on life skills then English and second languages or the like...

Teach them how to run a household and budget money, balance check books, keep from applying for every credit card that comes in the mail etc. Take care of a child...

Most of these kids aren't going out and becoming engineers and doctors so why bother prepping them for that?

Just something I've always thought about and my own opinion. I certainly can't speak any of the Spanish or German I learned and my math skills have probably fallen down to 2nd year algebra I'd guess. My grammar is mediocre and sentence structure is closer to how I speak then it is 'proper'.

I'm with you to the nth degree, Joe! I've felt this way since, about, ten minutes out of high school!
Everyone takes Home Ec. as it was called then! Learn to sew on a button, balance a checkbook, balance and cook a diet, take care of yourself and your kids!

Last Edited:
That story tore me up when I first read of it as well.

There are softies on this forum. You just have to be careful when and where you exert that soft side.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top