JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, there! Here I go again with another off-topic. I post (or posted) at THR the most, second only to NWFA. Now it has been "down" for a couple of days. Have tried to understand what's up. Found there's also a thehighroad_dot_us, feeding, IMHO, confusing and misleading information to the public. There's what appears to be a bitter legal battle between them. There appears to be quite a history, which I missed. Tried to piece it together from posts in other forums but every time the got closed by moderators. I hope it won't happen here (thanks to the off-topic forum).

Without trashing any sides, just as objective as possible, IYHO, what's going on? :confused:. Just hope the forum pops back with another domain name. There is room for everyone on the Internet highway.

I noticed it was down too, I thought it may have been a problem with my browser, since its been a few days. It is horrible to hear that they have direct competition though, hopefully it is resolved.

I'm not sure, but there was a thread on thehighroad.us talking about this. There has been an ongoing legal battle between Oleg Volk, the originator of TheHighRoad, with the people that appear to have taken it over. I just hope it gets resolved. At some point I think there will be one TheHighRoad web site. Whether it is run by Oleg or someone else remains to be seen. I hope it doesn't go away. The members there have wealth of knowledge.

Joey, any political battles on the horizon brewing for NWFA? Bwaaaaaahahahaha!

Ironic, a site that has censord so much isn't able to get out to the world. Karma?

jj
That site fell pray to allowing monitors too much free reign to force their own opinions on others. The are reaping what they sowed.

On another note, as far as looming legal battle here...I hereby claim squatters rights on this site. :D

I've never heard of thr.us so I just looked around there. What's so bad about it? It looks just the same as thr.org and has a lot of similar threads. I also used to post at thr, but then I found NWFA to be a much friendlier place.

Oleg Volk currently has a lawsuit against the guy who runs the server and has claimed ownership over the .org site. From what has been said from both sides since it began, Oleg is in the right and will hopefully regain control over the original site. The .us site just doesn't have the traffic.

You just need to deal with all forums with a grain of salt. There are morons and rude people at every forum. Some sites deal with them more effectively than others. But you can find reasonably good and useful information at all sights.

If memory serves, THR came about because some people got torqued over things that went on at TheFiringLine.com. They left and started THR.

I could easily be wrong about that, however...it's just what I remember reading.

I don't know what they were upset about. I know TheFiringLine has this maniacal hatred of any thread that mentions SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, etc., while THR doesn't care.

I don't know what they were upset about. I know TheFiringLine has this maniacal hatred of any thread that mentions SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, etc., while THR doesn't care.

Thats because 90% of the time a thread mentions any of the above acronyms, it turns into a foil-hat wearing moron convention. There are legitimate topics involving the societal collapse issue, but hardly any ever make it to the forums. Most are fairly outlandish in my opinion.

As long as their content is still searchable via Google I'll be happy. I've gotten some great information over the past few years regarding firearm item questions I've had from that forum (or those forums now?) that independent verification more often than not validates. I would hate to lose it (them?) as a knowledge/experience resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top