JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You have seen all things 503 associated with Oregon. ;)

NRA:

TAMARA KEEL: Review: FN 503 Subcompact Handgun. "I have to apologize to FN for my lack of faith. Because the FN 503 is a pistol that is obviously a clean-sheet-of-paper design, domestically produced right here in South Carolina, and aimed right at the U.S. concealed-carry market."

FN makes fantastic guns but their pistols have been disapontment followed by disapointment for years. They need to stick to rifles and carbines.
I'd agree for the most part having bought one of their Five Seven pistols,however the FNP45 and FNX45 are pretty good pistols.
My FNX45 was easily as accurate as the Colt Gold Cup Trophy that I had at the same time. The FNX45 even carries decently despite the size.

My FNS 40 has been very reliable for many years. No failures through a thousand rounds. 9c the same. Which handguns are you referring to?
All of them. They have all been failures who when tested either come up short or if stupidly adopted without testing have been taken out of service. They have absysmal track record hence the multiple revisions and rebranding over the years.

1k rounds out of 1 gun is nothing. Thats why you can get them dirt cheap, they get discounted 2 years after launch like clockwork.

I would be interested in reading published facts or articles to back that up. I am always interested in reading the bad along with the good to get a balanced opinion. I am sure many members here have or have owned FN handgun products. Any other members think that FN pistols are pure crap?

I would be interested in reading published facts or articles to back that up. I am always interested in reading the bad along with the good to get a balanced opinion. I am sure many members here have or have owned FN handgun products. Any other members think that FN pistols are pure crap?
You won't find everything in a peer reviewed study. Alot of this is based on experience, word of mouth and working with various SMEs. Agencies don't publish their testings or adoptions/revisions outside a select few.

Not every opinion is equal and most people, especially those on the internet just don't have the knowledge and experience base to have an informed opinion. But they will sure share it.

These have been tested extensively and run hard in classes and courses and just don't stand up. Just like half the other junk on the market. FN was never going to take hk or glocks place anyway so it was a waste of money and time to try.

A thousand rounds is nothing, try a thousand rounds in a single shooting session multiple times w/o cleaning and zero malfunction except those intentionally induced.
This guy gets it.

Except do it with 10-25 guns shooting 20k+ each under every condition to see how the guns hold up under heavy firing schedules with minimal cleaning.

Statistically significant testing is done by entities who actually care about the gear they issue.

My wife bought me the 509 for Christmas a couple years ago. Insanely accurate...if you have the discipline of a Buddhist monk to control the extremely horrendous trigger it came with stock. The Apex trigger I installed has now fixed that...but wow, the stories you've heard about punching out the locking block pin are completely true. Was worth the headache though.
It's a fantastic pistol, with a million rounds tested by FN to back that up. Not a fanboy, and have been underwhelmed by a few other pistols I've owned by them. But the 509 has proven itself to me FWIW.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top