Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

the Nosler ammo plant in Bend explodes

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 86-0134, Jun 2, 2010.

1. 86-0134

86-0134 north willamette valley Member

2. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

It seems everyone will be ok, it could have been much worse.

3. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

The news keeps calling this place a 'bullet' plant? Did they make cartridges in quantity there or just bullets? Thanks in advance!

4. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

5. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

Foremost they make components but they manufacture their own high end ammo as well - or did. =( There was also pro shop full of very nice guns in there (bought my first shotgun there...).

I'm sure the Noslers are well ensured but this is still sucks all the employees here locally. Very lucky that no one was injured beyond smoke inhalation...

ETA: Heard that the damage might not be too bad on one end of the building but I haven't been by to look myself

6. dmwebb34

dmwebb34 Bend, OR Member

My buddy works there and was standing across the street when it went up. He said it was pretty wild. But thank God everyone was ok.

I think over 1/2 the people are back to work as of today... no word on the cause of the explosion just yet.

7. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

There was an article in the Oregonian yesterday that said, a single shot from a rifle that was being testfired, sparked the fire/explosion. Estimated damages to the building was put at $2.8 mil. Estimated loss of "product" was at $12.8 mil. Thats A LOT of product , not to mention, WHERE was that rifle being fired where it could cause that much loss of product ? :dunno:
    Anyone here ever been there or seen their facility's

8. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I wonder if there will be a "fire sale" or "explosive sale". I'd like to pick up some smokey seconds!