Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The new mp15t

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by smonkbmw, Feb 10, 2009.

1. smonkbmw

smonkbmw Vancouver WA Member

went to brightwater today. saw behind the counter a odd looking gun that had a rail system installed on it already. i asked what it was since i wasnt crafty enough to read the lower. it was the new s&w mp15t. it had the same rail system, it had the troy flip ups. BUT it was missing the flash hider and the rear "adjustable" stock was not adjustable anymore?!?! the gentleman behind the counter (wasnt Mike) said it was the 3rd one they had gotten like that. the stock looks adjustable, actually it looks identical to the one i had on mine its just bolted down and doesnt move. it has the "release/adjuster" on it, but it doesnt do anything.

he was trying to tell me he thinks its a vision of things to come......

any thoughts?

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Sounds like he got a gun meant for an assault ban state.

Also I was in philomath today when their new shipment of M&P15T's came in, and they still have a flash hider and adjustable stock.

3. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

Fixed tele-stock? No FH? Sounds like a ban-compliant rifle for a commie state...

4. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

I agree with PG, although it's a little strange that it's the third one they have received that way. They'll probably sit on that one a little while since there are plenty out there with the flash hider and collapsable stock. Although everytime I go in there they are busier than the grocery store.

5. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

It is beyond me that they would be ordering these for a non-ban state. Is this a result of the massive demand for black rifles or what? I can just see it... "Our distributors are out of everything else? Ok, order up a few of them neutered ban rifles... SOMEONE will buy them."

:rolleyes:

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Sounds like they could have accidentally ordered it, and are playing it off as a "new" model, just to get rid of it before anyone notices :D

7. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

That's just it, someone will buy it. It's all about supply and demand. Since supply is almost nil.....

8. smonkbmw

smonkbmw Vancouver WA Member

the way i was looking at it, just means i can attach a flash hider of my choosing. and the next AR i get i want a VLTOR stock anyways.

9. FE427TP

FE427TP SW WA New Member

He likes to order the odd rifles that no one else has, he sits on them for a little bit but someone always comes in looking for that setup