JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure this is the wrong spot for this question, and might be a stupid question at best. But I am headed down to The Bite of Portland tonight, I plan on carrying (legally of course) Does any on think this might be a problem?

I'm sure this is the wrong spot for this question, and might be a stupid question at best. But I am headed down to The Bite of Portland tonight, I plan on carrying (legally of course) Does any on think this might be a problem?

Sorta vague on "legal conceal carry"

House Rules
Bite of Oregon House Rules

We sincerely thank you for following these posted house rules and appreciate your continued support of the Bite of Oregon and Special Olympics Oregon

Please note: For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, all guests and their personal possessions are subject to inspection prior to admittance into the venue.

Event is held rain or shine
All sales are final - no refunds are issued
For online tickets please be sure to have tickets with you to show upon entry
Guests 12 years of age and younger are welcome free of charge when accompanied by an adult
There are three entrance gates to the Bite where you can purchase an entry bracelet. Entry bracelet must be worn at all times while you are at the festival grounds.
Entry gates are located at Naito and Morrison, Naito and Yamhill and one gate is located off the esplanade on the river side of Waterfront Park
Same day re-entry is allowed with the appropriate bracelet
A variety of food and beverage vendors, including beer, wine, soda and water are located on the festival grounds. No outside food or beverages are allowed.
For your convenience there are several ATM’s located at the festival. Most vendors accept cash only
Alcohol Policy – The Bite of Oregon will sell alcohol in accordance to the rules and regulations outlined by the Oregon State Liquor Board. Alcohol sales are cash only purchases with valid IDs

The following items are NOT permitted in the venue; additional items may be added to this list as necessary for the safety of all festival guests:

Fireworks or sparklers
Play Pens
Throwing Toys, including beach balls, Frisbees and Laser pointers
Lawn chairs
Coolers, baskets and very large bags
Outside food and beverages including alcohol
Weapons
Drugs
Musical instruments or drums
Tents
Animals (except guide dogs and service animals)
Skateboards or inline skates
Large golf umbrellas and flags

The following are prohibited activities and will lead to eviction from the venue without refund:

Possession or use of illegal drugs
Public indecency/public urination
Drinking alcohol under the legal age of 21
Furnishing minors with alcohol
Fighting

Thank you and enjoy your time at the Bite of Oregon!

<broken link removed>

It looks like you are a persona non grata even if you are legally carrying. They also have the kicker clause that they can also prohibit anything they like. Why not patronize and spend your money someplace you are more welcome, rather than spend an evening with a bunch of scared sheeple and the gangbangers that will attack them and then they will whine even more.

If they're still doing the can donation shenanigans, for heavens sake don't confuse a spam can of surplus with regular spam. You'd be a hero but be on the news and nobody really wants that. Bone appetite!

It's like the Rose Festival, tuck that iron in your IWB holster and go have yourself a good time. They may look in any bags you're carrying, but the wussies aren't going to pat you down...

You mean this is on a public street and not in a private restaurant and you are going to ALLOW them to pat you down???? and disarm you?

Surely you jest? Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to court we go. TOTALLY ILLEGAL for them to do either.

You mean this is on a public street and not in a private restaurant and you are going to ALLOW them to pat you down???? and disarm you?

Surely you jest? Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to court we go. TOTALLY ILLEGAL for them to do either.

Quite contrary mon frery! Nobody except an LEO in the official performance of his/her job is EVER going to place their dick-skinners upon my person w/o losing them at the shoulder.

My point was, the OP should just strap on their CCW, keep it concealed and go enjoy the venue w/o worry. Even if they pass through an entry point where they may want to glance inside any carry-bags, because short of metal detectors, they aren't going to frisk people.

I agree, as long as it's still in a 'public place' and you have an Oregon CHL, you are legally allowed to concealed carry. Even in Multonomah County, with their revised gun laws (April 2013) provides exemptions for CHL holders in public places (because they can't supersede state carry laws). Stay away from the alcohol though - if you did have to pull your gun in self-defense, the last thing you'd need is to have to explain why you're carrying a gun and drinking. As with private property, where the owner can post signs preventing you from carrying, the worst they can do is kick you out. But if you're concealed, no one should know you have it anyway.

Quite contrary mon frery! Nobody except an LEO in the official performance of his/her job is EVER going to place their dick-skinners upon my person w/o losing them at the shoulder.

My point was, the OP should just strap on their CCW, keep it concealed and go enjoy the venue w/o worry. Even if they pass through an entry point where they may want to glance inside any carry-bags, because short of metal detectors, they aren't going to frisk people.

CC heck, I would OC to prove the point.

If it is a government function, which it might not be, you can legally carry. If it isn't on private property, you can legally carry. I say to hell with them, carry it. I would. To hell with them and their unconstitutional rules.

If it is a government function, which it might not be, you can legally carry. If it isn't on private property, you can legally carry. I say to hell with them, carry it. I would. To hell with them and their unconstitutional rules.
Give it a couple more years with these liberal swine at the helm and The Bite will be a government function too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top