JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pluto TV started the A-Team binge on it's 'Action' channel and I had it on for a while while in my shop today but I have a question - was there a specific REASON they mostly brandished Mini - 14s in nearly all the episodes?

Were they advertising for Ruger, or some reason the producers (or whomever) didn't want them to be seen with ARs, AKs, etc?

I have always wondered about this. Any ideas?

Weren't they open bolt mini 14's too? FA? I thought it was because they had collapsible stocks and that way they could fit all that in Mr T's van. Along with the different outfits/disguises for the Face, a welding and oxy-acetylene rig for Mr. T, , 50k rounds of 223, a flame thrower, 1911's and 10k rounds of 45 ACP, and 2k lbs of gold chains and a petty cash drawer. All in that van, so definitely had to have folding stock Mini 14's.

I caught "The A-Team" movie from 2010 on Max/HBO the other night. They did a REALLY good job on the movie. Of course none of the original actors were in the movie but all the original characters were there. The movie went into why the A-Team were "fugitives from justice". The movie is much more gritty than the original TV show (bad guys actually get shot... and die!).

Last Edited:
I caught "The A-Team" movie from 2010 on Max/HBO the other night. They did a REALLY good job on the movie. Of course none of the original actors were in the movie but all the original characters were there. The movie went into why the A-Team were "fugitives from justice". The movie is much more gritty than the original TV show (bad guys actually get shot... and die!).

I somehow had missed that movie. When I had to lag time I work I dipped in and out of it. Was a good job they did with it.

Couple of brief appearances.
Movie-Post-Credits-Scene-A-Team-Cameos.jpg

Pluto TV started the A-Team binge on it's 'Action' channel and I had it on for a while while in my shop today but I have a question - was there a specific REASON they mostly brandished Mini - 14s in nearly all the episodes?

Were they advertising for Ruger, or some reason the producers (or whomever) didn't want them to be seen with ARs, AKs, etc?

Even up into the late 90's, the AC556 was available super cheap. Seems like the studios could have some full auto props on the cheap.

I somehow had missed that movie. When I had to lag time I work I dipped in and out of it. Was a good job they did with it.
I discovered the movie 4 days ago. I was completely oblivious to it before then. I figured others who might post in an "A-Team" thread might enjoy it too.

Last Edited:
My hypothesis was what someone mentioned above, that they didn't want to use any black, evil weapons for the protagonists. You'll see it doubly so in modern TV shows and movies wherein the heroes will be weilding lever rifles, wheel guns, and shotguns. The recent Jurassic Park movies, Planet of the Apes, and even Furiosa that I saw yesterday come to mind.

This show was simply an incredibly accurate depiction of the Mini-14's inherent lack of accuracy.

But I still love George Peppard: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Is there any reason why hardly anybody ever died?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top