JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am relatively new to firearms and the firearms community. I was introduced to shooting, guns, hunting, and reloading at an, unfortunately old (older age) "42". I am completely hooked. My wife uses the word "obsessed". Unfortunately, my friends are all crazy liberals who think I have lost my mind. These forums reinforce the fact that I am participating in an awesome sport, hobby, and way of life. I love my friends, but it's very difficult to talk about the overall length of a hand loaded .223, when I want the ogive to just fall short of the lands. :eek: I look forward to being apart of this.

Thanks,

Lowandleft

Welcome. IMHO you got one more step........if you didn't do it already........get a CCW. It's sort of an instant "badge" to carry around. Showing that you're one of the "good guys." Of course, it's still up to you if you choose to go around armed. But, I've found it useful when making a firearms deal/purchase face to face.

Not to mention, that you'll probably p%$$ off a LIBTARD.

Aloha, Mark

I am relatively new to firearms and the firearms community. I was introduced to shooting, guns, hunting, and reloading at an, unfortunately old (older age) "42". I am completely hooked. My wife uses the word "obsessed". Unfortunately, my friends are all crazy liberals who think I have lost my mind. These forums reinforce the fact that I am participating in an awesome sport, hobby, and way of life. I love my friends, but it's very difficult to talk about the overall length of a hand loaded .223, when I want the ogive to just fall short of the lands. :eek: I look forward to being apart of this.

Thanks,

Lowandleft

Lowandleft I am by no means an expert on what you should or should not be doing with your .223 especially if you are shooting a bolt action rifle.
I would like to suggest if you are not shooting a bolt action rifle and may be using semi automatic with or without a bit of free bore you might consider having the ogive of the bullet being driven into the lands under semiautomatic fire may leave cause for a projectile being left behind when the unfired round that has been slammed into the chamber and bore grooves, is ejected.
Recently I purchased a lee collet type, factory crimp die for bullets other than Speer. It is a nice feature that allows tighter more controlled crimping and is a bit more forgiving +- where trimming is concerned. A more constant crimp pressure and from what I understand truer more concentric finished rounds. I have been an RCBS fan for about as many years as you are old. That lee collet type, factory crimp die is a nice piece of work for the money, I don't know how they can sell them for the price and stay in business.
Welcome
Silver Hand

Lowandleft, Welcome:
Like you, I also started at the ripe age of "47". Was born and raised in a very lefty environment. After I moved away from the influence and completed "detox", firearms and the 2nd amendment soon started to make sense. Been catching up fast and furious since.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top