Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

technical Help with S&W .380

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have one of the very first S&W Polymer grip frame pistols, bought in the '80's new. I have no Idea how to disassemble it as it has no traditional breakdown lever. Is there a secret way? I do see a pin in the side and if using a punch on the pin is the only way, I'll pass....I want it to go back together and work.

The new M&P's 9MM and Bodyguard .380 are much nicer than this wide body, short grip channel sighted gun. It will shoot fairly straight as a point and shoot weapon, but aimed shots are inconsistent as the channel sight is not as easy as a notch and blade.

Thanks for any replies

2. speedtriple

speedtriple Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Is it a Sigma? Never have held one, but from photos it appears to have a little lever that looks just like a Glock. Hold the lever down and pull the trigger. On a verified empty chamber of course. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the older plastic S&W guns pipes up.

3. Lindy

Lindy Central Ca. Member

Go online to "Smith and Wesson" and look around thier website and you will find "Owner Manual" and then download disassembly instructions for your use.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012