JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I've had this thing awhile now, and it's been nothing but problems most of the time I've owned it.

It's actually a tec-dc9, which I believe is the most common of the pre-ban guns.

While it's been unreliable and temperamental in the past, at one time it was actually running half way decent. Even when it works though, this is the most inaccurate gun I've ever owned. It's an absolute miracle that these guns have managed to kill as many people as they have, considering that most of the time you'd be better off throwing it at someone than trying to shoot them with it, and even throwing it is iffy, since it's made out of cheap plastic and pot metal.

Last few times I've shot it (or at least attempted to shoot it), either it wouldn't fire when the trigger was pulled and would just make a "click" sound, or occasionally it would shoot one or two rounds. Some of the rounds that didn't fire would have a light firing pin mark, but some wouldn't. So, I thought maybe the firing pin was rounded down or something, as these are known for frequent firing pin breakage. That didn't fix it. I took it out after replacing it, and it did the same thing.

I was reading on the Stoney Creek Armory Tec-9 board about someone else having the same problem, and one of the suggestions was that maybe the extractor was to blame. So today, I stripped it down, and there was a whole ton of junk on the extractor. I cleaned it, put it back together, and it still only fired twice out of a dozen tries.

I tried adjusting the extractor, and ended up with no marks on the primers, so I moved back down to the factory setting, and it decided to shoot again....for a little bit, but then it went right back to functioning at about 10%.

I don't know what's wrong with this, and I'm really running out of the patience to care. The only reason I've put up with this POS so long is because it looks cool, and because I had wanted one since I was a little kid. Well, the allure is really wearing off, and I'm at a loss as to what to do next to make it work reliably, I'm not willing to pay a gunsmith to work on it, I'm reluctant to order anymore parts since I don't know what it needs, and as cool as it looks, I'm not rich enough to have that much money tied up in a paperweight.

There's a few minor scuffs on the receiver, and there's a few spots of surface rust on the mag release, but overall the gun looks pretty good. You have to oil these at least once a month whether you shoot them or not, as they will rust regardless. Just one more reason NOT to buy one.

comes with the factory 32 round mag, and I think I have two of the national brand aftermarket mags, but they don't work at all basically, and aren't good for anything but more aggravation

I replaced the recoil springs in it not too many rounds ago too, even though I don't think it needed it.

comes with the extra firing pin and factory hard case also

$350 cash, or $400 trade value, which probably isn't a realistic price for something with a horrendous reputation that won't even shoot half the time, but that's what I want.

FTF in Coos Bay area or Roseburg only

will trade for DA ruger or S&W revolvers in .357, .44, bolt action .300/.338, etc.

If anyone's interested (which I seriously doubt), I can post some more pics of this thing.

I'll buy the clips if you decide to part it out. Give the rest a burial in the sea,your already there.

ps. A++ on the story. BTW the box dose have some value.

lol...too funny I had one of these. I was shooting it at an outdoor gun range in stevenson washington. and to the horror of all the on lookers, my girlfirend at the time and my mom.....it went full auto with a nice stove pipe at the end of the show. Wow how that range instantly grew silent. All I could do is shrug my shoulders and bow my head in shame and embarrasment. man that was a day thats only funny now when I look back......

Brutally honest man! If I didnt know any better, Id think you didnt like this gun? Not really sure what gave me that impression, but Im sure it'll come to me.

Aside from the apparent problems with the gun, it sure does have the "cool" factor. Same gun Kurt Russell carried in Big Trouble In Little China, super!!

BTW: You should be a car salesman!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it, if obama bans guns, thats one of them, I have an AB-10 that hasn't jammed on me once. I use remington 9mm, and they've worked flawlessly. Good Luck on the sale, I might buy it.

Only if your broken junk guns are as cool looking as my broken junk gun, and the only thing that can rival the evil looks of the infamous Tec-9 is an uzi or a thompson SMG, which I would be more than happy to trade for.

:confused:

I was reading on the tec-9 message board again about possible solutions to the light primer strikes, and decided to try stretching the striker spring a little. It actually seemed to fix it, so now I want more money for my garbage gun.

I fired about 70 rounds through it today, and had one fail to feed, and 3 misfires due to light primer strikes. Granted, that's not much to brag about, but that's actually pretty reasonable considering their reputation I think. And $400 is more in line with what they're going for on gunbroker too, and I doubt if any of those used intratecs are much better than this one, as they're universally known for being crap in general.

I seriously doubt anyone is interested in this thing still, which is alright, because I'll probably keep shooting it occasionally till something else goes wrong with it, which I'm sure is just a little ways off.

here's a link to a some videos of it firing today, just so you can witness the awesomeness for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28-t2PPfl4M

BTW, the mag holds 32, but I didn't load it to capacity either time due to the fact that it's a PITA to load all the way.

I've had this thing awhile now, and it's been nothing but problems most of the time I've owned it.

It's actually a tec-dc9, which I believe is the most common of the pre-ban guns.

While it's been unreliable and temperamental in the past, at one time it was actually running half way decent. Even when it works though, this is the most inaccurate gun I've ever owned. It's an absolute miracle that these guns have managed to kill as many people as they have, considering that most of the time you'd be better off throwing it at someone than trying to shoot them with it, and even throwing it is iffy, since it's made out of cheap plastic and pot metal.

Last few times I've shot it (or at least attempted to shoot it), either it wouldn't fire when the trigger was pulled and would just make a "click" sound, or occasionally it would shoot one or two rounds. Some of the rounds that didn't fire would have a light firing pin mark, but some wouldn't. So, I thought maybe the firing pin was rounded down or something, as these are known for frequent firing pin breakage. That didn't fix it. I took it out after replacing it, and it did the same thing.

I was reading on the Stoney Creek Armory Tec-9 board about someone else having the same problem, and one of the suggestions was that maybe the extractor was to blame. So today, I stripped it down, and there was a whole ton of junk on the extractor. I cleaned it, put it back together, and it still only fired twice out of a dozen tries.

I tried adjusting the extractor, and ended up with no marks on the primers, so I moved back down to the factory setting, and it decided to shoot again....for a little bit, but then it went right back to functioning at about 10%.

I don't know what's wrong with this, and I'm really running out of the patience to care. The only reason I've put up with this POS so long is because it looks cool, and because I had wanted one since I was a little kid. Well, the allure is really wearing off, and I'm at a loss as to what to do next to make it work reliably, I'm not willing to pay a gunsmith to work on it, I'm reluctant to order anymore parts since I don't know what it needs, and as cool as it looks, I'm not rich enough to have that much money tied up in a paperweight.

There's a few minor scuffs on the receiver, and there's a few spots of surface rust on the mag release, but overall the gun looks pretty good. You have to oil these at least once a month whether you shoot them or not, as they will rust regardless. Just one more reason NOT to buy one.

comes with the factory 32 round mag, and I think I have two of the national brand aftermarket mags, but they don't work at all basically, and aren't good for anything but more aggravation

I replaced the recoil springs in it not too many rounds ago too, even though I don't think it needed it.

comes with the extra firing pin and factory hard case also

$350 cash, or $400 trade value, which probably isn't a realistic price for something with a horrendous reputation that won't even shoot half the time, but that's what I want.

FTF in Coos Bay area or Roseburg only

will trade for DA ruger or S&W revolvers in .357, .44, bolt action .300/.338, etc.

If anyone's interested (which I seriously doubt), I can post some more pics of this thing.

Did you make sure to ONLY use 115GR FMJ - Brass only? That's the best for this gun.
Also, did you replace the firing pin?

I want it! Beaverton??? I'm in Enumclaw, WA.Will you meet half way???? Also, I notice you said you are interested in a tommy gun?? Wanna trade ur tec with 75 bucks for one??

It's ILLEGAL to BUY a gun from someone in a different state with out an FFL transfer. You will do prison TIME! It's a Federal Crime. Seriously! :s0001:

lol...too funny I had one of these. I was shooting it at an outdoor gun range in stevenson washington. and to the horror of all the on lookers, my girlfirend at the time and my mom.....it went full auto with a nice stove pipe at the end of the show. Wow how that range instantly grew silent. All I could do is shrug my shoulders and bow my head in shame and embarrasment. man that was a day thats only funny now when I look back......

I read this the first time and thought "why is his mom his girlfriend"

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.