JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a Tactical solutions ar 22 upper from Keith's Sporting goods to build a gun that would operate on a slide fire stock because after some research was under the opinion that I would end up with a high quality gun. For the most part the slide fire has been extremely fun but not the most reliable. I then mounted a red dot on and went to sight it in after locking the stock to operate the gun in a pure semi-auto mode. One of the rounds failed to load completely into battery and when I fired the gun the casing blew up in the chamber causing the blast to exit the breach. After completely cleaning the gun and checking it all over I resumed with test firing it and sighting it in (again all in a semi-auto mode). On about the 25th round in blew up on me again.

The following morning I called tactical solutions to inform them what happened and they requested I send the gun to them (at my expense) which I did. Colt, at tactical, called me a few days later and stated he had installed an upgraded bolt and then had put over 1000 rounds through the gun (on my lower using the slide fire stock in both the locked and unlocked positions) with no issues so he was going to return the gun to me.

Upon receiving the gun I reinstalled the red dot and went out to play with my new toy. After putting a couple of clips through using the slidefire stock I again went back to a semi-auto mode and was adjusting the red dot when I experienced a third breach fire.

I called Colt and he told me that I should return the upper to him and he would send me a completely new upper so I agreed. He sent me a return label and I mailed him the upper. Tactical had the upper for over two weeks before finally sending my "new upper".

I got the upper a couple of days ago, installed it on my lower, and went to put my red dot back on top when I noticed my new upper was the same one I had sent in. (when I installed the red dot the first time I used some white anti seize on the screws and they left some traces on the rail that were unmistakable).

I Called Colt and asked if he has sent me a new upper and he assured me he had. After explaining that it was my old upper without a doubt he said "I might have mistakenly send you your old upper back" and he requested that I return it again so that he can send me a new upper.........

Not sure how to proceed with these guys. Has anybody else has an issue like this with tactical solution's integrity? Are they really going to send me a new upper or simply try to clean the old one up better and return it to me. What are your suggestions?

THANKS

All things being considered, it seems like pretty decent customer service. Sometimes people make mistakes like shipping the wrong upper.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

If it was my company and a customer had an issue that was major I would not run 1000 rounds thru it at all. It would be cheaper in time and ammo to just replace the first time. So I question it just on a is it a smart thing as far as what he told you. Somthing does not sound right. In the end you cant thow good money after bad. After it all you have to protect your butt from a liability point also. I just find it hard to beleive what you were told.

I purchased a Tactical solutions ar 22 upper from Keith's Sporting goods to build a gun that would operate on a slide fire stock because after some research was under the opinion that I would end up with a high quality gun. For the most part the slide fire has been extremely fun but not the most reliable. I then mounted a red dot on and went to sight it in after locking the stock to operate the gun in a pure semi-auto mode. One of the rounds failed to load completely into battery and when I fired the gun the casing blew up in the chamber causing the blast to exit the breach. After completely cleaning the gun and checking it all over I resumed with test firing it and sighting it in (again all in a semi-auto mode). On about the 25th round in blew up on me again.

The following morning I called tactical solutions to inform them what happened and they requested I send the gun to them (at my expense) which I did. Colt, at tactical, called me a few days later and stated he had installed an upgraded bolt and then had put over 1000 rounds through the gun (on my lower using the slide fire stock in both the locked and unlocked positions) with no issues so he was going to return the gun to me.

Upon receiving the gun I reinstalled the red dot and went out to play with my new toy. After putting a couple of clips through using the slidefire stock I again went back to a semi-auto mode and was adjusting the red dot when I experienced a third breach fire.

I called Colt and he told me that I should return the upper to him and he would send me a completely new upper so I agreed. He sent me a return label and I mailed him the upper. Tactical had the upper for over two weeks before finally sending my "new upper".

I got the upper a couple of days ago, installed it on my lower, and went to put my red dot back on top when I noticed my new upper was the same one I had sent in. (when I installed the red dot the first time I used some white anti seize on the screws and they left some traces on the rail that were unmistakable).

I Called Colt and asked if he has sent me a new upper and he assured me he had. After explaining that it was my old upper without a doubt he said "I might have mistakenly send you your old upper back" and he requested that I return it again so that he can send me a new upper.........

Not sure how to proceed with these guys. Has anybody else has an issue like this with tactical solution's integrity? Are they really going to send me a new upper or simply try to clean the old one up better and return it to me. What are your suggestions?

THANKS

My Tac Solutions Ar 22 does the same thing. regardless of lower, I have contacted them and received a return authorization. I have not sent it back. talking with them they seem pretty nonchalant about a problem that expels brass fragments and hot gas toward the face of the shooter. Also be warned when this happens the bullet gets lodged in the barrel. So a novice shooter may clear the jam and load a live round into a plugged barrel. In my humble amateur gunsmithing opinion it a design flaw. There is nothing to prevent the gun from firing even if the blot is half open. Look forward to replies. all the best . ric

Thanks ricbak

I ended up sending my upper back but I put a sticker on the inside of the forearm tube to see if the totally new upper they would return to me was actually the same old one or not. When I got the completely new upper back the sticker was still inside on the gun.

I have not had a chance to fire it yet but am extremely worried about the safety of this upper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top