JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Very new Remington 870 12 gauge, black, with composite stock, magazine extension, 7+1 capacity, 18-inch barrel, only a handful of shells shot through it, and two noteworthy features:

(1) Unlike newer specimens of some variants--including express, wingmaster, and, according to some reports but not others, home defense--this gun has no dimples at the end of the magazine tube. On guns that have them, the dimples limit capacity to however many shells will fit in the original magazine, regardless of whether the gun has a magazine extension.

(2) The receiver has been professionally taped and drilled for a rail, which allows for mounting of a shotgun scope or other accessory. For my own purposes, I removed the rail, but the gun does come with the rail and screws, as well as plugs with which to fill in the holes in the receiver, for cosmetic purposes.

Like other 870s of recent date, this one has the Flex Tab, which prevents the gun from locking up, and becoming entirely useless, in the event of a feeding jam that takes place because the user has failed to insert the last shell all the way past the shell catch in the magazine.

Further, like other 870s of recent date, this one can shoot 3 inch shells, as well as the 2 and 3/4 inch shells.

I ask that any interested person please have a Washington state concealed pistol license and be willing to bring it to a meeting in the Vancouver area.

$375, or trade for one of the following:

20 gauge Mossberg 500 youth, bantam, or super bantam

Marlin 1894 chambered for .38/.357

Smith and Wesson pre-model-10 .38 with four inch barrel, with round butt, and in perfect mechanical condition (including a small gap between cylinder and forcing cone, no end shake, little or no play from side to side on any cylinder bore)

Smith and Wesson model 36 (or "chief's special") .38 with two-inch barrel, with round butt, and in the same condition described above

possibly, a Ruger SP101 with 2 and 1/4 inch barrel and in the same condition described above

Last Edited:
Dimples? How many does it hold? They make a 5 or a 7 shot, or some of the aftermarket ones will do 8 maybe, but I have yet to have seen a HD with a restricted mag tube. I am a little confused.

It holds 7+1. To see the dimples on most models, unscrew the extended magazine and look at the threaded end of the original tube--or try to load more than five shells. I don't think Remington advertises the dimples. You can read about them on the internet.

To try to help, this sounds like one of the new 870 Tactical Models. They are an Express model, but I saw a few in action at a shotgun class this weekend, and they ran well and patterned 00 buckshot pretty well...

Sounds like a standard 870 7+1 HD. Even the 5+1's will take a cheap-o mag extension. If it were a police model it would have cost you closer to $1000. I've sold probably a few hundred 870's in the last 10+ years in the firearms industry and worked on several dozen, never seen a dimpled mag tube unless maybe on a bird gun. Either way, might want to change your description of a 'police or military model', again you are talking about a gun that retails for over twice what yours is worth.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.