JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$250
Manufacturer
SWFA
City
NE Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
$250- SWFA 12x42 SS 30mm scope
Matte, MIL-Quad, .1 MIL Clicks, Rear Focus
(Price is for scope only. Prices are firm)
  • SKU: SS12X42MQ
  • Finish: Matte
  • Reticle: MIL-Quad
  • Tube Diameter (mm): 30
  • Elevation Knob: Exposed Target (.1 MIL)
  • Windage Knob: Exposed Target (.1 MIL)
  • Parallax Setting: Rear Focus
  • Focal Plane: Second

Over all this scope is in great shape. There are a few small scratches under the rings from rotating the scope one time when I was setting it up in the Aero mount (totally my fault), but they are very minor.

The accessories you see pictured are for sale also. Set of UTG medium height QD rings, Aero Precision ultralight mount, Vortex scope caps, and Zero Bravo REOS backup sights.

$250 - Scope a la carte (no cap, no rings, no REOS).
UTG rings - add $30
Aero Precision mount - add $60
REOS - add $50
Scope caps (front and rear) - add $15

No trades at this time.

Meet at Wilkes Park:
3655 NE 154th Ave, Portland, OR 97230

DA03BEF7-60F2-484A-9CFE-6736DB604577.jpeg E77E4C34-27D6-4AC3-9279-81D8D58F1D28.jpeg

2ACC74F8-5C75-4295-9ADB-FA1057F1AF70.jpeg

FYI, SWFA has a lifetime "transferable" warranty.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
If you want to make shooting at 100 yards or further simple, this is the scope for you.

These pictures don't show how God of quality the glass is. It was overcast when I took the pictures and I'm very limited by my phone. Also, the phone can't focus on the reticle and the objects in the scope at the same time.

The patio chair is about 20 feet away. Although this isn't a perfect example of looking through the scope it shows it's really good.
C490300C-C2D6-468B-BA17-CE02B0094CC0.jpeg

A2A18814-21D5-4759-9136-6593C768B364.jpeg

This tree is about 150 yard away. Again, it was overcast and my phone doesn't take the best pictures. The color is better IRL.
916ABF3B-33E2-4EAE-AE8F-EF00B59A361D.jpeg

78C68054-F67C-47B1-BE4E-1BB229594FF4.jpeg

It doesn't look like it but that tree is on the far side of the block behind that house you see the top of, it's over a block away. The tree is huge, you just can't see it in the picture.

Last Edited:
My opinion of this scope: This is a fantastic low cost scope. The glass is fantastic. It has zero lens distortion - clear from edge to the edge, zero color flair, and I have never seen mirage. The color is not as brilliant and some $1000 scopes, but it's still really good. Works pretty good in low light also. The adjustment clicks are very tactile and easy to use.

These scopes are known for having low susceptibility to heat mirage; when I was living in CA at a range that had a dirt mound at 50 yards for targets on the 100 yard range that was known for heat mirage that you can see with the naked eye, when I would look through this scope I could not see the mirage. A cheap Bushnell scope I used to have, I couldn't even use it at that range during hot days. That's actually why I bought this scope.

I've had it to the range maybe 8 times. I sold the upper I bought this for and don't see myself doing any long range shooting anytime soon. Even though it's a long range scope the 12x makes shooting at 100yards very simple, similar to shooting a 22lr rifle with a 4x scope at 20 yards simple.

The pictures looking through the optic are an okay representation of what you get but they are limited by my phone and don't really do this scope Justice.

REOS: The reason I got these is because the UTG mounts allow the scope to be very low to the bore center, it doesn't allow for BU sights on the rail. I thought these were a clever solution, they work great at CQB range and pretty good out to 20 or 30 feet, you could hit a man size target at 20ft for sure. I have them set high but they can be rotated to be under the adjustment knob for a lower profile. These were originally all black but I was having a hard time lining up two black circles so I painted one of them white. It's just white sight paint and could easily be removed if you prefer both rings be black.

If you're still here, thanks for reading.

996DEB5B-49AC-4EAF-A891-E8F975AC9B8B.jpeg DA0EA29B-6F2A-4F2E-AC85-58258BA68FAC.jpeg

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top