JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just got my 3 gun shotgun. i need to break it in. any suggestions .

should i give it a good cleaning first. it looks pretty clean with no grease. but maybe take the grease that i do see off?
or what about type of ammo and how many shots. i keep hearing put 3 inch shells through and see if it he with the target loads because spring... anything will help thanks.

also looking for best add ons to make it even better. i have no clue on chokes or sites. but what about sling even...

It's a good idea in general to clean, and oil a new gun. I had some problems with the first 75 rounds, or so. I was shooting 3 inch, and 2 3/4. I took it home and cleaned again. People online say takes about 200 rounds to break them in. I shot about 100 total before I had a match, and I didn't have any failures. It was pouring that day, but I might have been lucky.

For add ons it all depends on what class you want to run.
There's more regulation on the shotgun, and hand gun unless you are going to do open class.

There might also be load requirements for the match.
I would buy as many favors you can, and see what shoots best. Thats what I did, and so far mine likes the Winchester AA 3" or 2 3/4" 8 shoot target loads the best. I also shot four brands of cheap slugs, and no failures.

finally shot it tonight had about 5 different types of slugs. high power to low recoil. Winchester .federal and they all worked well. now time to try some 00 buck and then some target loads.so far so good. feels nice and am loving it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top