JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hope they use are garbage rifle and it blows up in their faces.

More than like it will get sold through armslist or if they are smart gunbroker or some online shop.
Criminals are stupid and I hope these guys become darwin winners.

A lot of people sell green tip 5.56. You're going to have to be a lot more specific before people go out of their way to vet the sales with you. What kind of identifiers do you have to prove the ammo belonged to your friend? I'm not big on witch hunts.

How exactly would you be able to tell his apart from any legitimately purchased ammo? Not exactly like they have serial numbers...

Something "like this" happened to me in Central America back in the 80's. We were doing our "thing" with indigenous troops "attached" to our squads and platoons for the sake of "appearances". Our unit was using "old" (aka actually used) M16A1's while the "Mo's" (that was the slang for our indigenous attachment of "morons") had fresh from the crate, nary a scratch Hydramatic M16A1's. (They were actually pretty nice weapons)

What WE had however was spankin' new 30-rnd. mags, while they had old beat up mags. On one nighttime operation we were beating around in a M151A2 (aka Jeep) with me driving, my unit bro' in the passenger seat, and our "Mo" sitting in the back with his and my weapon whilst I was driving. The next morning as I was about to turn in my kit to the armorer before hitting the showers I noticed the old mag in my weapon (who sees that kind of thing in the dark?) I thought, "meh, whatever"... until I counted the rounds left in the mag.... I was short THREE, and I had to account for them to the armorer at turn-in, WTF?!!

I looked at the rounds from the old mag against the other six full mags I had and noticed mine were all head-stamped the same and the old mag rounds were stamped something totally different. I scooped up all my sheite, drove straight up to the MO's barracks and proceeded to tear into their "teniente" (luitenant) who was also a slippery POS. I knew before I got there he'd ask me to prove my claim, so I showed him the head-stamps, he drug the Mo out of bed (literally) and made him show the mag... the head stamps (ALL THIRTY, not 27 like he left me) matched mine. Case closed, off to the armor, a hot shower, then (much prized) rack time.... ZZZzzzzzzz.

The little bastige was still pounding rocks in the hot sun 4 months later when I PCS'd back to CONUS before getting shipped off to Europe. The things a 19 year (at the time) had to deal with... I tell ya!! o_O

Last Edited:
Hey Doug, check this out. There's a long thread going on TOS as to the legitimacy of the ammo in this ad.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: 50BMG, 50 BMG Ammo, $2.05!

Does this ammo fit the description of your buddy's caliber, make up and amount missing?

Do you have link for "TOS thread" ? (What is TOS?)
The seller has been registered on Armslist since 2016. You posted on May 19 (only two days after Stolen ammo was posted) what date did that "LONG thread going" on TOS start?
Seems to me if it was before May 17 2017 then there is Zero chance the seller on said ad could be involved?
This is a big assumption to lay on a seller, based upon a "my buddies office was broken into" posting.. that has no followup status, quantity or questions answered on this thread & the "stolen" ammo was "green tip"
while the seller you linked has "Ball" & "Silver" tip for sale.
Just sayin..

Last Edited:
Do you have link for "TOS thread" ? (What is TOS?)
The seller has been registered on Armslist since 2016. And if this is a "long thread going" what date did that TOS thread start?
Seems to me if it was before May 17 2017 (When this "stolen ammo" was posted) then there is Zero chance the seller on said ad could be involved?
This is a big assumption to lay on a seller, based upon a "my buddies office was broken into" posting.. that has no followup status or questions answered on the thread.
Just sayin..

I was thinking something similar when I read the ad about an Armslist sale for 50BMG ammo in Seattle area for $2 per round.

Stolen stuff isn't always sold locally.

Something "like this" happened to me in Central America back in the 80's. We were doing our "thing" with indigenous troops "attached" to our squads and platoons for the sake of "appearances". Our unit was using "old" (aka actually used) M16A1's while the "Mo's" (that was the slang for our indigenous attachment of "morons") had fresh from the crate, nary a scratch Hydramatic M16A1's. (They were actually pretty nice weapons)

What WE had however was spankin' new 30-rnd. mags, while they had old beat up mags. On one nighttime operation we were beating around in a M151A2 (aka Jeep) with me driving, my unit bro' in the passenger seat, and our "Mo" sitting in the back with his and my weapon whilst I was driving. The next morning as I was about to turn in my kit to the armorer before hitting the showers I noticed the old mag in my weapon (who sees that kind of thing in the dark?) I thought, "meh, whatever"... until I counted the rounds left in the mag.... I was short THREE, and I had to account for them to the armorer at turn-in, WTF?!!

I looked at the rounds from the old mag against the other six full mags I had and noticed mine were all head-stamped the same and the old mag rounds were stamped something totally different. I scooped up all my sheite, drove straight up to the MO's barracks and proceeded to tear into their "teniente" (luitenant) who was also a slippery POS. I knew before I got there he'd ask me to prove my claim, so I showed him the head-stamps, he drug the Mo out of bed (literally) and made him show the mag... the head stamps (ALL THIRTY, not 27 like he left me) matched mine. Case closed, off to the armor, a hot shower, then (much prized) rack time.... ZZZzzzzzzz.

The little bastige was still pounding rocks in the hot sun 4 months later when I PCS'd back to CONUS before getting shipped off to Europe. The things a 19 year (at the time) had to deal with... I tell ya!! o_O
Yo should be more compassionate :rolleyes:

:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews