Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Star Firestar M45, subcompact ACP tastiness. New trades added.

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by SCTSQRL, Mar 28, 2010.

1. SCTSQRL

SCTSQRL Peoples Republic of Eugene Member

For trade is a good condition (NOT LNIB) Firestar M45, in the Starvel finish. Was my second handgun, and is very dear to me, but I'm looking for something specific that I can't afford, per se, and would love to send this to a good home.

What I'm looking for -

A compact or subcompact Jericho in the .40 caliber, and preferably steel; however, I can be sold on the polymer. Negotiable cash on my end, if you feel the condition of your Jericho/Baby Eagle merits it. I estimate the value that my firestar has is in the $450-500 range still. I am also interested in 6.8 uppers, and blemished or entry-level ARs of the CMMG bargain bin variety.

Condition details:
    No rust, no holster wear. Two mags, one with grip extension. Wear on sights, and the white dots have pretty much worn out - very functional still, nonetheless. Comes with Galco FLETCH holster and cheap Hunter IWB if that's desired; any officer ACP holster works great for this little workhorse.

Weekly shooter. I'm not OCD enough to count rounds - it's been cleaned after every trip, no jams of any kind. Feeds anything that I've put through it - UMC, Golden Sabers. Firing pin and other internals are in great shape.

Has done Stirling service in taking the life of the two coyotes who I suspect of killing my Schnauzer last year. Was going to notch it, but thought better of it. Has been blessed by a Kohen. Comes with aforementioned magazines, original box and documentation, and a cleaning rod. In addition to the holster I can throw in a Bore Snake, since I don't have anything else in .45acp right now.

First edit 3/29/2010:

Okay, so I'm no PlayboyPenguin yet, but here's what I could do with a minimal blackberry camera. Shows wear on left rear sight as best as I could, profile, slide locked back, and size comparison with a Glock 27.

Bump Edit 7/13/2010:

New trades: No longer interested in "entry level" or blemish finished AR's.
    • Still most interested in a Jericho/Baby Eagle in .45, .41, or .40 - steel preff'd over polymer, prefer compact but interested in all.
    • Also interested in quality 6.8 SPC uppers or barrel and bolt with cash in same.
    • Also, I am interested in commander sized 1911s. I have been toying with the idea of getting a base model of some kind as a project gun, and haven't pursued that line any further. Or maybe a franken-commander with an officer frame/commander slide.
    • Always interested in unique stuff.

Thread update 7/20/2010 -

Firearm was stolen by some bastard, due to my own dumb negligence overnight :mad:. Thread closed.

Down Sights.jpg

In Profile.jpg

Size Comparison.jpg

Slide Locked.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. oswego

oswego S. Seattle Member

pics?

3. SCTSQRL

Attached I can get more angles if requested, although I'm not what you'd call an expert camera jockey - I still swear by film cameras.

4. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

How does that trigger feel? it looks different.

5. SCTSQRL

Trigger is the firestar standard as far as I know. Feels great - a very light pull.

The manual of arms states that it is a 3.5 grs pull over a distance of three millimeters, in single action. Since it's a 1911 hybrid (closer to a tangfolio or high power, in many respects,) it is SAO of course.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

It's a pivoting SA trigger.. yes it's more like a BHP than a 1911, but I love my M43 9MM starvel.. it's been my trusted daily BUG for over 20 years

7. SCTSQRL

BTT - still looking for trade on an AR or a Jericho, would additionally be interested in 6.8 SPC uppers. My gun + cash for those, of course. For the right things, that pretty little Glock is in for the offing as well.

8. SCTSQRL

btt, new trades and trade subtractions added. If it doesn't catch any interest in two months from this day, I'll close the thread and keep it I think.

9. SCTSQRL

Thread closed pending further developments, said firearm has been stolen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.