JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an SR762, and really like it. Wondering if anyone else here has one, and if I can pick your brain about modifying or accessorizing it.

So far I've only changed the grip on it, and installed a scope and foregrip. As money, time, and health allow, I plan to put on a muzzle brake and a cushy buttpad. Would like to reduce/eliminate felt recoil (very tender shoulder).

Haven't shot it farther than 200 yards, but very happy so far with function and accuracy. Should be able to set up a 6-700 yard range on my place; longer if I get my neighbor involved. At that point, I'll probably want a good bipod.

I love my SR762. It has a few accessories:

021817%2001_zpshm4pxrol.jpg

7.62%20muzzle%20brake_zpsybuyu0eq.jpg

Ooh those are nice Howard!

? Maybe a different muzzle brake ?

Forget what's on ours, but think it's stock. Haven't taken it out in a while tho.

Put a Precision Armament M4-72 severe duty compensator on our .308 RPR and it reduced felt recoil significantly. Looks similar to as pictured on @SA Shooter 's 762 above. Should run about $90. Plus maybe ?$20 for a set of washers to clock it correctly.

Put a Precision Armament M4-72 severe duty compensator on our .308 RPR and it reduced felt recoil significantly. Looks similar to as pictured on @SA Shooter 's 762 above. Should run about $90. Plus maybe ?$20 for a set of washers to clock it correctly.

@Camelfilter that's exactly what I put on mine as well. My shootin' buddys hate it though unless they are standing directly behind me. :D

Mine has the Ruger 2 stage trigger so that's covered.
Replaced MD for a PA EFAB
mb.jpg
Had to use two of the acuwashers as the muzzle bottoms out in the FH/brake

Replaced the charging handle with a POF Tomahawk at first then the Radian Raptor finally showed up and I used it instead.
Clears the scope nicely.
rr.jpg
rr1.jpg

Went with a rifle action and a Luth-AR MBA1 stock
Installed a Grovtec hollow stock swivel mount at the rear that works much better than the spot they provided.
luth.jpg

I attach the front of the Vickers blue force padded sling at the front.
sling.jpg

And a bi-pod and some 10 round mags now

I use a Primary Arms 1x8 ACSS to see what I'm aiming at.
Later on when I'm done goofing with pistols it'll get torn down and refinished in Cerakote, either burnt bronze and black or FDE and black.

everyone at ranges hate brakes LOL. and as the guy behind the rifle the brake makes your shoulder feel better but it certainly does rattle your brain pan a bit. Fun after dark at the range though seeing the huge muzzle flash that comes off a .308's brake :cool:

everyone at ranges hate brakes LOL. and as the guy behind the rifle the brake makes your shoulder feel better but it certainly does rattle your brain pan a bit. Fun after dark at the range though seeing the huge muzzle flash that comes off a .308's brake :cool:

The EFAB does not whap you with blast, either to the side or behind it and has better flash suppression than an A2 FH.
flash.jpg

At 56% recoil reduction it's not as high as others but still enough to tone it down quite a bit with out beating the crap out of you and everyone else around you.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads