JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like the folks at Springfield have a new toy they've developed for CCW minded folks.

It's a single stack XD (appears to be highly based on the XD-M) that is in .45ACP right now, with 9 & 40 on the horizon.

1" wide at it's thickest, interchangable backstrap, etc that seems to be the industry standards now.

Neat looking gun - not one I'll give up carrying my G-19 for, but when the 9mm's hit, one could find it's way into my collection.

I'd like one of these with the brushed stainless slide, in 9mm.

XD-S - Springfield Armory USA

made in croatia????? really?????
what happened to made in the usa?
i will buy american and help create american jobs

The XD's have always been made in Croatia, they were originally the HS2000 that was then re-badged and marketed here.

Most of the Springfield 1911 frames are made in Brazil.

Its hard to find much of anything quality made here anymore. Most handguns that are made domestically tend to cut corners to compete (ie Kimber, Ruger, S&W ect). Just try to think of the last time Ruger marketed something that didn't end up with a recall or about MIM parts being a perfect replacement for quality.

Springfield Armory is largely an *importer* of guns - not a gun manufacturer. They find a design they like, or develop a design, and pay someone else to make it. The only gun I can think off off-hand made in the USA they sell is the M1A. Their 1911's are Brazillian, the XD's have always been made in Croatia. Just the way it is - I doubt you'll ever see an American made XD. Until just a couple years ago, Glocks were entirely Austrian. SIG pistols (the good ones) were made in Germany or Switzerland. HK's are German. CZ's are made in the Czech Republic. Lots of good guns made in Europe, and even South America.

Just like buying an imported car - you can say "my money is going back to XXX" or you can say "a lot of the money I spent on this goes to pay for American jobs in the supply line" - both are fine ways of looking at it.

I think I found my next Poly. I hope they'll make in Olive drab, like my old XD-40sc. I miss that thing.

MSRP not announced yet, shipping in March. Balls. I have until March to come up with an undisclosed amount of cash. Anyone in the market for a small child, partially house-broken?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top