JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we've seen the XD, the XD-M, now the XD-S ;)

Specs for the XD-S 45mm Compact Pistol | Springfield Armory USA

The size is just right for a CCW, or as a back-up piece. Just wondering how it handles.

gallery-left.jpg gallery-xds06.jpg gallery-xds09.jpg gallery-top.jpg

I know...it doesn't have DOUBLE BARRELS...:s0114:, but still can't wait to see one of these and handle it. :s0155:

gallery-left.jpg

gallery-xds06.jpg

gallery-xds09.jpg

gallery-top.jpg

Nothing, in my opinion. But there are folks out there who feel any kind of safety on the gun is just one more thing they have to think about, or something that could fail, or....

I've had XD's for several years now, in different config and calibers, all have been 100% reliable and have gone bang every time they were supposed to. Even with the grip safety and the ultra-assurance trigger (ala - Glock, and all the others). Number #1 safety is, and always should be, the one between your ears. But I have no beans against mechanical safeties on a firearm. That's what training, muscle memory, practice, ...and training are all about. Knowing your tools, and how to 'safely' operate them, if and when needed.

I see this model XD as their answer to the Glock single stack, and Kahr's slim pistol line. I look forward to it ;)

Mister E couldn't have stated my sentiments any better, simple and concise.

I'm buying one!

I have strong feelings towards it better not to have one, but also I have strong feelings towards the simple benefit of having one It's all situational to me. That's why I change my firearm depending on the situation I think I may find myself in. Will I always know? Of course not, but I like having options. Just like a hammerless revolver, I like it both ways, with or without.

Well, let's just have a side-by-side then, shall we?

XDS: 5+1
G36: 6+1

XDS: 21.5 oz.
G36: 20.1 oz.

XDS: 6.3" OAL
G36: 6.77" OAL

XDS: 3.3" barrel
G36: 3.78" barrel

XDS: 1" width
G36: 1.1" width

XDS: $509, Bud's, out of stock
G36: $528 new, Gunbroker

I sure like how thin it is, but I don't like giving up barrel length with a round that's already slow enough to make JHP expansion marginal. Still, it's worth a fondle, especially at that price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top