Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield Mil Spec and Glock values similar?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tuckerha, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

Every once in a while I get the impulse for something new. Pretty sure i'm not the only one around here. Here's my thing. A springfield mil spec I have had for a few years and I hardly ever shoot it. What are they selling for these days? I checked gunbroker but couldn't get a good baseline. This one has a few hundred rounds down the tube (maybe). I was thinking about trading for a Glock 17. Is that a fair, equitable trade?

Need a second opinion.

Thanks,
    Tucker

2. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I saw a new stainless milspec for $620 today plus a GI model for $539.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  3. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Wow, I was just looking to trade a g17 for that pistol. I just found a springer mil-spec used for $400, but you could probably find someone local to pay $500 or more, so yes, it's about a fair trade.

4. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

I agree. About $450 for a good clean example of each. Would be about a fair trade straight-across.

5. tuckerha

Thanks folks. I'll give it a shot and see what trades are out there.
    Tucker

6. jettydog

jettydog Kent, WA New Member

I would be willing to trade a Beretta PX4 Storm .40 cal I purchased last month. comes with two mags and holster in case. Brand new with around 1/2 box of ammo through it. If enterested. please call me @ 206-255-3472 as I'm heading for the ocean after work today.
    http://www.imfdb.org/images/0/01/Px4_Storm.jpg (pic from the web)
    $550-600 value
    Kip

7. tuckerha

I did indeed trade it and appreciate the advice. I am less one 1911 and have a beautiful glock 17 to take to the range this weekend.