JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
7.62x51mm
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
National Match barrel (22"), Archangel Stock (factory). Sadlak Industries "Airborne" forged scope mount, three magazines, quick loader tool. Factory range bag, Army field manual (vintage!), less than 50
rounds fired. Price listed is for the ABOVE ONLY - all options are negotiable.

Optional: Hawke (U.K.) scope: Sidewinder 30 SF (6-24x, 56mm), Warne QD scope rings, Harris S25C bipod—tall and fully-articulating (shown at shortest height), MIL-SPEC hard case (Plano), ammo.

M1-1.png M1-2.png M1-3.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Beautiful gun. I have a beautiful model 629-1 S&W 44 magnum with a 6" barrel. As an earlier model S&W it has all forged hammer and trigger and doesn't have the weird safety they put on the later models, in short it was built when the company was making the excellent revolvers that made their reputation without cutting corners on cheaper materials and such. My only reason for considering parting with it is I recently acquired a model 29 from the same time period and don't really need 2 6 inch 44 magnum revolvers. It has a pristine pair of factory goncalo alves target grips (which I paid $175 for) as well as the hogue grips it came with and I have a leather bianchi shoulder holster I'll include. It's a beautiful gun and being stainless the more practical of the two but I have always been enamored with my dad's pre-29 🤷‍♂️. I have it listed for $1350 but if you're interested in trading I'd be willing to offer the
629-1, both sets of grips and the holster and of course cover my own background fees and toss in $200 cash for you rifle & accessories. I'll pm you this offer as well. Please let me know if you're interested? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

54495DC8-05E3-4C46-9C00-79CD72CF0B05.jpeg 61E4D366-BF61-4CE6-999C-15C123D50136.jpeg A9F716D7-14B1-4248-95AC-20EF8E845E57.jpeg 499D1709-B383-4ED5-ABAF-F602D5CAB893.jpeg 2621CF03-3DFB-43DF-9011-21D235A7E2F4.jpeg

Beautiful gun. I have a beautiful model 629-1 S&W 44 magnum with a 6" barrel. As an earlier model S&W it has all forged hammer and trigger and doesn't have the weird safety they put on the later models, in short it was built when the company was making the excellent revolvers that made their reputation without cutting corners on cheaper materials and such. My only reason for considering parting with it is I recently acquired a model 29 from the same time period and don't really need 2 6 inch 44 magnum revolvers. It has a pristine pair of factory goncalo alves target grips (which I paid $175 for) as well as the hogue grips it came with and I have a leather bianchi shoulder holster I'll include. It's a beautiful gun and being stainless the more practical of the two but I have always been enamored with my dad's pre-29 🤷‍♂️. I have it listed for $1350 but if you're interested in trading I'd be willing to offer the
629-1, both sets of grips and the holster and of course cover my own background fees and toss in $200 cash for you rifle & accessories. I'll pm you this offer as well. Please let me know if you're interested? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

View attachment 1411268 View attachment 1411269 View attachment 1411270 View attachment 1411271 View attachment 1411272
Thanks BigDog, that is a fine revolver. However, I have two .44M's - a model 329PD (lightweight) and a Stealth Hunter with scope which I'll be posting for sale soon. Again, yours is a beautiful gun. Cheers!

M1 = Garand
M1a = the Springfield Armory Inc.'s semi auto version of the M14 (full auto capable rifle, which was made by the US Govt). Note: gas system and detachable box magazine

1682381760750.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.