JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was all set to pick up a pristine LNIB Ultra Compact in 9mm and today I paid a visit to one of my LGS. They had a nice selection of Springfield Everything, but I focused on the EMP in 9mm because I wanted an Ultra Compact.

From what I was told by the salesperson, Springfield dropped the Ultra Compact in 9mm, replacing it with the EMP because the Ultra was plagued with feeding problems.

The EMP is a bit smaller than the Ultra Compact. Now I really like the Ultra, but if the EMP is better, than that's the way I want to go. For my taste, I love the way the Ultra looks and the one I'm looking at is made in the US, not Brazil.

Is the Ultra a feeding nightmare? Is the EMP a superior way to go?

The ultra- whether in 9mm or 45acp- can have teething issues due to the short slide travel. The EMP was redesigned around the 9mm/40sw to have a gun that is a slimmed down 1911, uses a good amount of 1911 parts, but will run these rounds better and offer better concealment. The only real plus to the UC is it's a true 1911- total parts swapability.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top