JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was all set to pick up a pristine LNIB Ultra Compact in 9mm and today I paid a visit to one of my LGS. They had a nice selection of Springfield Everything, but I focused on the EMP in 9mm because I wanted an Ultra Compact.

From what I was told by the salesperson, Springfield dropped the Ultra Compact in 9mm, replacing it with the EMP because the Ultra was plagued with feeding problems.

The EMP is a bit smaller than the Ultra Compact. Now I really like the Ultra, but if the EMP is better, than that's the way I want to go. For my taste, I love the way the Ultra looks and the one I'm looking at is made in the US, not Brazil.

Is the Ultra a feeding nightmare? Is the EMP a superior way to go?

The ultra- whether in 9mm or 45acp- can have teething issues due to the short slide travel. The EMP was redesigned around the 9mm/40sw to have a gun that is a slimmed down 1911, uses a good amount of 1911 parts, but will run these rounds better and offer better concealment. The only real plus to the UC is it's a true 1911- total parts swapability.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top