JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWF.

I'm Dave owner and Chief Firearms Instructor for Essential Survival Firearms Training.

I'm new to NWF in fact I just found this forum.

Glad to have found you.

I started teaching firearms to friends and family back in 1996. After joining Law Enforcement in 2008, I eventually made my way to the highly coveted position of full-time Rangemaster / Firearms Instructor for my agency's training division (2014 - 2019). There I taught students everything from, I never touched a gun before but want to be a cop, to SWAT school.

We offer classes basic, intermediate and advanced in Pistol, Rifle, CCW. We also offer a free (non-live fire) basic safety and handling class. The free class covers I1639 so students who attend are emailed a certificate.

I1639 Really means nothing considering HB1240 still being a black cloud over WA gun ownership.

I'm working on adding shotgun (basic & tactical), Advanced CCW, Ladies Pistol Basics & Defence and Tactical Athlete Curriculums. If you have interest in the above classes please let me know and we can get a private class on the schedule.

Last year I was proud to provide firearms training for a national CrossFit Games competitor who was making the switch to The Tactical Games competition. We built a solid platform with rifle / pistol and built on tactical athlete drills to simulate the TTG battles.

We both competed in the Bend OR Tactical Games event over the summer. I learned a lot from the event and training her. She made podiums in that, and her next two events. I'm honored to say she became the 2nd ranked Female Elite Tactical Athlete for 2022, and took 1st in a recent event (2023). Shooting is 60% of a TTG competitor's score, so it's super important.

Article about her -

I am currently working with a local 501c3 to build a range in Medical Lake. That sight is where (during warmer weather) I have been running live fire classes. Both the range and classroom are near Medical Lake within six miles of each other.

Please check out our website.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. I try to get back to people relatively quickly.

Website -

https://essentialsurvival.net

Facebook -

https://facebook.com/100083321352193/

Instagram -

https://www.instagram.com/essential_survival/

USCCA instructor page -

Phone - Voice or Text

509-795-1843

[email protected]

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you in one of our training classes.

Certifications:

HANDGUN

• USCCA Concealed Carry & Home Defense fundamentals instructor
  • POST PC832 (LE)
  • SCCSO Glock / Shotgun end user (LE)
  • POST PC832 Proctor (LE)
  • NRA Range Safety Officer
  • SCDS Agency Specific Pistol 80hr (LE)
  • POST Pistol / Shotgun Instructor (LE)
  • Haley Strategic D5 Handgun
  • Sacramento SO Tactical Low Light (LE)

RIFLE / SHOTGUN

• POST Tactical Rifle AR-15 (LE)
  • POST Short Barrel Shotgun (LE)
  • Way of the gun US combat Carbine course (LE)
  • POST Tactical Patrol Rifle Instructor (LE)
  • Haley Strategic D5 Carbine
  • CRTC Urban Tactical Rifle Instructor
  • Guerrilla Approach CQB marksmanship

ARMORER / MISCELLANEOUS

• Specialized Armament AR-15 armorer (x2)
  • Specialized Armament AR-15 Advanced armorer
  • POST 40mm Def-Tec operator (LE)
  • NTC Less Lethal operator instructor (LE)
  • FN 303 Armorer / Instructor (LE)
  • Glock Armorer (x2)
  • USCCA Instructor countering the mass shooter threat
  • Glock Advanced Armorer
  • HIDTA Bulletproof Mind (LE)
  • HIDTA FBI LEOKA (LE)
  • CNOA Detecting Danger (LE)
  • Simuniations Scenario / Safety instructor
  • ISTM Tactical Life Saver
  • BATI IIT techniques

20221101_135655.jpg IMG_20220731_102554.jpg Training Reality 2.jpg 20220917_163657_HDR~2.jpg FB_IMG_1663873591405.jpg

@Trigger_thyme
Welcome to the forum....glad you found us.

Please note that in order to advertise here at NFWA , you need to be a supporting vendor.
Scroll down to the bottom center of the screen....click on "Advertising" and choose an option that works for you.

Wishing you all the best , both here on NWFA and with your school / courses .
Andy

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top