JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Roseburg
State
Oregon
Zip Code
*SPF*

Extra points if you've heard of the model 30. (It's the one on top). Serial number is in the middle of the total produced. I took her on a trade, and haven't shot her. The collector that I bought her from did shoot her and said she's very accurate.

$1000 cash in the Roseburg area, transfer is on the buyer.

IMG_20200801_180230527~2.jpg

IMG_20200802_200155_01.jpg

IMG_20200802_201113_01.jpg

IMG_20200802_200116_01.jpg

IMG_20200802_200229_01.jpg

IMG_20200802_200041_01.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Does this rifle cock on close or cock on open?
I had problems telling from the picture - this is not drilled and tapped for a scope?
Do you have a feeling for when this rifle was manufactured?
Can you tell if military parts were used?

I had problems telling from the picture - this is not drilled and tapped for a scope?
I'm not sure when it cocks, I'll have to check it tomorrow. It is not drilled and tapped for a scope. It's all factory 30 as far as I know, I'm not sure what is military, but I believe that the entire barreled action is Enfield, but someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I'm not sure when it cocks, I'll have to check it tomorrow. It is not drilled and tapped for a scope. It's all factory 30 as far as I know, I'm not sure what is military, but I believe that the entire barreled action is Enfield, but someone with more knowledge can chime in.
Thank you

I asked this questions to get a better idea when it was manufactured. Earlier rifles used let over military parts, Later in the 30's the rifles changed from the cock on close like the military rifles did to cock on open similar to a 03 springfield or mauser.

Thank you

I asked this questions to get a better idea when it was manufactured. Earlier rifles used let over military parts, Later in the 30's the rifles changed from the cock on close like the military rifles did to cock on open similar to a 03 springfield or mauser.
Gotcha,
If I recall, the serial is around 15k.

They cock on close. They were produced from 1920 to 1941. I learned this from a historian with Remington several years ago researching info on my model 30.

Gorgeous!
There's just "something" about the rifles from the first half of the 20th century that I find very appealing.
I let "Model 30" roll around my brain before opening the thread. I knew it wasn't a pump, but couldn't place it.
As soon as I saw the bolt I knew. Civilian 1917. :D

Sorry for the thread crap.

Gorgeous!
There's just "something" about the rifles from the first half of the 20th century that I find very appealing.
I let "Model 30" roll around my brain before opening the thread. I knew it wasn't a pump, but couldn't place it.
As soon as I saw the bolt I knew. Civilian 1917. :D

Sorry for the thread crap.
The one I have hit the 100 year old mark this year. I had to go back and re-read my email from the Remington historian.
Also sorry for the thread crap.
It's very sentimental to me. Got the rifle from Dad who passed two years ago.

They cock on close. They were produced from 1920 to 1941. I learned this from a historian with Remington several years ago researching info on my model 30.
It is my understanding they started out cock on close like the military rifles but in the early 30's this was changed. Based on the serial number my guess is this rifle predates this. I believe this rifle was manufactured late 20's

It is my understanding they started out cock on close like the military rifles but in the early 30's this was changed. Based on the serial number my guess is this rifle predates this. I believe this rifle was manufactured late 20's
I'll be home in a few hours, how do I check?

I currently have two 1917 based rifles - a 300 H&H I picked up last week from a board member and my 338-06. I like these a lot - they are heavier rifles but they are accurate and dependable. I would rather have a 100 year old rifle with history and configured as I like than any other new hunting rifle off the shelf today. They simply do not build rifle with the character of these rifles. I just wish these old rifles could tell stories. Most of my hunting rifles are closer to the sixty year mark than new.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.