JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Over the next six months, I get to lose all my teeth. Isn't that special? This puts my return to the show business industry on hold until I have completely healed in 2018. This is because the ability to articulate with dentures will require a great deal of practice before I'm able to perform as I once did with natural teeth.

Those that earn a living with their voice may understand.

Last Edited:
I knew a guy from around here that rode his motorbike to the end of Argentina and on the way back stopped in Mexico City to have all his teeth pulled out and implants installed as per prior arrangement. Took around two days and $10,000 (I forget). Beats $20,000 per tooth or whatever they charge up here.

Sweet merciful crap, this will not only be painful, I'll be denied my favorite candies (caramel) and whole apples (they'll have to be sliced). Eating mushy foods for six weeks before I can get my dentures won't be fun.

DAMN!

Last Edited:
Captain O I hope you have no problems. It could be worse like me. I had all mine pulled and had real nice dentures made. Unfortunately due to a super strong gag reflex I found out that could not wear them. The minute I put them in I start gagging and it will not stop until I take them out. 20 mins of non stop gagging will leave anyone gasping for breath and completely exhausted. Tried every suggestion and tip to avoid it from happening. Nothing worked and finallly gave up, after trying everything the dentist recommended and a lot of other things from the Internet. A lot of money down the drain, never to be seen again . Have survived for 10 years now without either teeth or dentures. I miss being able to eat a lot of foods I used to enjoy but life goes on. I really hope it goes well for you.

Over the next six months, I get to lose all my teeth. Isn't that special? This puts my return to the show business industry on hold until I have completely healed in 2018. This is because the ability to articulate with dentures will require a great deal of practice before I'm able to perform as I once did with natural teeth.

Those that earn a living with their voice may understand.

What about working for Brownstain. They get paid to talk but you can't understand what they're saying. :)

Go to DHS and tell them your a refugee they'll throw money and food at you.

Good luck w everything and I feel for you. But If you were born here and really did work for a living. Your screwed.

What about working for Brownstain. They get paid to talk but you can't understand what they're saying. :)

Go to DHS and tell them your a refugee they'll throw money and food at you.

Good luck w everything and I feel for you. But If you were born here and really did work for a living. Your screwed.

If they have a D after their name, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day. IF they have an R they're subject to scrutiny. I don't trust a large number of legislators.

Thank you for your support.

I hate dental work. A couple of years ago, I had to have a tooth removed due to what is called "internal resorption". It's kind of an autoimmune issue where your own body attacks the root of a tooth - usually only one tooth, and starts absorbing it back into the body - left unchecked, it can spread into the jaw. Had to have the tooth pulled to stop it, then they had to build up some degradation that had spread into my jaw, then had a screw/stud implanted and finally a permanent replacement tooth installed. Almost $5K worth of work for one damn tooth. To top it off, when they went digging in my jaw, I was left in considerable pain/discomfort for about 4 days total, that Percocet wouldn't touch. Glad it's over.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, knowing what I had, I can't imagine getting the full monty.

I hate dental work. A couple of years ago, I had to have a tooth removed due to what is called "internal resorption". It's kind of an autoimmune issue where your own body attacks the root of a tooth - usually only one tooth, and starts absorbing it back into the body - left unchecked, it can spread into the jaw. Had to have the tooth pulled to stop it, then they had to build up some degradation that had spread into my jaw, then had a screw/stud implanted and finally a permanent replacement tooth installed. Almost $5K worth of work for one damn tooth. To top it off, when they went digging in my jaw, I was left in considerable pain/discomfort for about 4 days total, that Percocet wouldn't touch. Glad it's over.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, knowing what I had, I can't imagine getting the full monty.

Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the Shepherds! That had to have hurt like HELL! I'm willing to go through all this. If I don't, my teeth will rot and fall out, one at a time, over a period of years. (Yep, that would feel real good)! :0

This old sailor is willing to tolerate a lot of pain without using opiate-based pain relievers. (I hate dope). NSAIDS are fine, and I'll use a limited amount of narcotics. Within nine months after complete extraction, I'll have dentures that I can use to eat. All that worries me is the ability to articulate clearly.

I have to make a living with my voice, and my mouth is of paramount importance.

Yikes... so sorry Captain.... and here I was feeling sorry for myself because I have get a crown next week:oops:

You say you must have this done? No alternatives? Maybe a second opinion? I really hate having to go to the dentist.... my teeth are super sensitive and I can't imagine dealing with what you have lined up:eek:

Yikes... so sorry Captain.... and here I was feeling sorry for myself because I have get a crown next week:oops:

You say you must have this done? No alternatives? Maybe a second opinion? I really hate having to go to the dentist.... my teeth are super sensitive and I can't imagine dealing with what you have lined up:eek:

Periodontal disease causes mastoid (jaw) bone loss, and consequently tooth loss. This, in a nutshell, is the problem.

My stepfather a German had his done and actually recommends it if your teeth are going. He worked as a meat cutter and didn't miss much work. But said his health improved afterwords. He still snow skis at 78 and will outwalk most on hikes. Hope you get the same results.

WOW!!! Best wishes, Captain!

I have to make do with the old ones because I have exceptionally deep roots, and aside from the difficulties and pain during extraction, there would be an unacceptable amount of bone loss! :(

Speaking of ovarian fungus, how is your wife's love life.... (outside the kennel).
1) This is not the right forum for disparaging one another...that is what the tavern is for
2) Proper forum/interwebs rules generally keep family members off limits

This thread turned into exactly what NWFA is NOT about. The members involved here need to understand that any further exchanges like this will be dealt with accordingly. Thread LOCKED.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads