JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tonight, bowl of hot chili with cheese, corn muffins smothered in butter, ice cold milk and "The Quiet Man" to laugh and help with digestion!:D:s0155:

What's your "Classic"?

Last Edited:
Well, for the Breakfarts, If I'm having that I'm probably hungover. To keep with the theme "The Breakfast Club" and a Bloody Mary ease the pain.

Chili based dining would be done with a cold beer and probably something in the Western genre.

The other two, no idea's as of yet.

Yes but, what classic movie goes with your meal? Tomorrows main event will be the "Man With No Name" trilogy but, haven't decided what to have food wise to go with it.:rolleyes:
Like you, I'll typically throw the Clint and Sergio spaghetti westerns into the player. Will also throw in an Outlaw Josey Wales, too.

If I'm in a different mood, I'll throw in Tora! Tora! Tora! or Midway...

Josey's probably my all time favorite Clint movie! Haven't seen Tora! Tora! Tora! in ages! Will have to make plans for that one this weekend.:s0155:

Just watched Midway not to long ago.

Dunno if I'd call it a classic, but coming from an old climber, another good Clint fare is The Eiger Sanction

Several things bothered me about that movie as a climber, but I won't go into them here...
But ya really gotta wonder who was in charge of wardrobe when they gave Clint a construction helmet instead of a real climbing helmet... o_Oo_Oo_O

Dunno if I'd call it a classic, but coming from an old climber, another good Clint fare is The Eiger Sanction

It's a Classic! Love the scene where Clint/Kennedy are sitting a top the rock they climbed, Kennedy pulls out the beers he snuck in Eastwoods pack!:s0140:

It's a Classic! Love the scene where Clint/Kennedy are sitting a top the rock they climbed, Kennedy pulls out the beers he snuck in Eastwoods pack!:s0140:
Ya, that was funny. A buddy of mine actually pulled that same gag on me, with a parody of George Kennedy's punchline, on a 40-mile backpack on the PCT.

Me (after discovering the contraband in my backpack after the first day's 14 miles): WTF! You stuffed a half-rack in my backpack!!!???

Phil: Well, I figured we could use a few beers for the trip...

Me: Yeah, but a whole 12-pack???

Phil: Well, yeah... but it's "Lite" beer... :s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Last Edited:
Of 'course it was lite beer. He wasn't carrying it!:s0112:
Mind you, this is the same guy who sent his eldest daughter off on a group high school graduation trip to Paris with a smuggled 20-pound flagstone in her suitcase with a bon voyage message written on it in Sharpie. Poor Jamie lugged that damned rock through three airports, across an ocean, and up three flights of stairs before she opened up the suitcase on her first day in Paris and found it. Since I've known Phil before his kids were born, and I'm the adopted "Uncle Sobo" to both of his kids and therefore know them pretty darned well, I can just imagine her response when she found that rock...

Last Edited:
That should've put her in good shape for running around Paris escaping those Frenchies! Being French myself, I know the charm!:s0140::eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top