JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm having some issues with my bolt catch it's not catching the bolt or pushing the follower down on the mag and for some reason it's got a lot more space it's allowed to travel than a normal bulk catch I've tried changing out the bolt catch try changing out the spring but I'm still doing the same results as you can see in the picture the bolt catch is not supposed to be that high

20220220_233452.jpg

Wow, hm. That does seem very high... maybe the hole is out of spec, allowing the bolt catch to be pushed in so far? Or maybe the spring is going over the thicker part of the detent when you push in?

Looks like a good candidate for a 22 upper or similar that don't utilize the bolt catch.

Yeah, that paddle should be almost vertical.
Maybe the detent pocket was bored too deep ?
I'd take it apart and check the length of spring, detent and pocket depth.

Next time you install, use a slave pin.
This does two things :
1) Gives you a way to test the assembly before committing to driving the pin.
2) Keeps everything aligned while you drive the roll pin.

So I'm having some issues with my bolt catch it's not catching the bolt or pushing the follower down on the mag and for some reason it's got a lot more space it's allowed to travel than a normal bulk catch I've tried changing out the bolt catch try changing out the spring but I'm still doing the same results as you can see in the picture the bolt catch is not supposed to be that high

View attachment 1136662
Hmmmm....Here are my observations.

What do you mean by pushing the follower down on the mag? The follower should push the bolt catch up. It should move freely.

You are pushing the mag catch to max height. Are you saying if you do this with an upper on it the BCG doesn't lock back? Is the BCG traveling far enough back when you charge it?

I never assume the lower is out of spec enough to matter over some run of the mill parts kit. QC is much more likely to less on a parts kit from anyone than a lower imho.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top