Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sold

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by RickB, Apr 13, 2010.

1. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

SOLD

98% original finish, including bright peacock bluing on hammer and trigger. Perfect bore. Checkered grips. Original holster, also near mint, minus the cleaning rod. Five original rounds of Japanese ammo. My father brought this gun/holster home from Japan in the 1940s, and I've owned it for almost 25 years. I've seen these at gun shows and on the auction sites, but have never seen one that comes close to the condition of this example. Price reduced: $900
    100_0568.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. RickB

100_0567.jpg

100_0567.jpg

3. RickB

100_0566.jpg

4. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

5. RickB

I keep reading about the "extremely heavy trigger pull" of the Type 26, and not that it really matters in a collectible, but the DA pull on this gun is a smooth ~8 pounds. Really quite nice. The real failing in the design, is that the cylinder is free to rotate when the hammer is down (as it almost always is in a DAO design), so if the gun is handled between shots, the cylinder can rotate and re-index a chamber that was previously fired; not good in combat!