Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sold

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by jordanka16, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

Sold

2. ArgentineSteel

ArgentineSteel Vancouver, WA Active Member

I take a 2X :)

3. jordanka16

If you're asking if it will fit you, I need to know more, you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll see if it will fit. If you're close to me you could always come see it.

4. ajgunner

ajgunner Molalla, OR Active Member

Just curious---is this for diving in shark infested waters or close combat???

5. jordanka16

Shark diving chainmail is made of titanium and is made of extremely tiny links, it's also usually machine made.

This is hand made and is steel, so it's not for taking in the water. I suppose you could use it for some sort of combat, it would still hurt really bad though to get hit by something. Sort of like being shot while wearing a vest, you won't die, but you'll be hurting real bad.

6. 41mag

41mag sunny Orygun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

just curious....other than a rather unusual fashion statement what was the intended purpose of this item? I don't think it would fit me otherwise I'd want to look more closely at it.

7. jakk586

jakk586 Astoria, Or Active Member

i have a buddy in washington that makes hand made chainmail and is attempting to start a business making suits of armor. most of it is used in the re enactment recreation. depending on quality, it can be purely ornimental, or for real full contact battle.

8. jordanka16

I wore it to the Renaissance Fair for a few years, I had a sword that went along with it. I don't go the the fair anymore so it just sits around taking up space.

41mag: If you feel like it you can send me some measurements, I'll see if it'll come close to fitting you. It has quite a bit of "stretch", it isn't nearly as rigid as you might think.

9. jordanka16

Bump, make me an offer.

10. jordanka16

Bump, if all someone wanted was the shirt and not the padding for wearing under it I could let it go for $150.

11. Onebigelf

Onebigelf Gainesville, Florida New Member

I'm 6'4" and 46" at the chest. I also do medieval reenactment combat in full armor as a hobby, so yeah, I have a use for this if it'll fit someone my size.

John

PS, the padded shirt is a "gambeson" and the hood is a "coif".

12. jordanka16

Bump, still here, I could use some trades for 5.56x45mm ammo, AR magazines, and other AR "stuff"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.