JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$100
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
between Hillsboro & Newberg
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is a Weaver V9-1 (3x9) Variable Rifle Scope with duplex type cross-hairs and an adjustable objective. From my research, it appears to have been manufactured during the early 70's. I have owned the scope for a number of years and it has worked perfect while mounted on top of an old pre-64 Winchester. I let the gun go so now it's time to let the scope go too. The only flaws I can find are some very light scratching on one of the adjustment caps which can be seen in one of the photos, and a few tiny "translucent" dots in the lower "corner" within the scope's view. I would compare the size of the dots to a small pin head. Otherwise, both the ocular and objective appear to be free of defects such as chipping, delamination, fogging, etc. I did my best to try to get a photo through the scope to show the dots but they are so small I was unable to capture them. The blurring at the outer edges of the scopes view is only in the picture and it is not present when looking through the scope. I'm unable to find any ring mounting marks or rust/pitting. Overall the scope is in excellent condition, especially when considering it's around 50 years old. This scope will feel right at home on another vintage rifle like it rode on for a number of years. I'm firm at $100 at this point as they are pushing twice that on the auction sites. Not really interested in trades.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Here's some photos

Adjustments.jpg Crosshairs.jpg Objective 01.jpg Objective 02.jpg Objective 03.jpg Obj End 01.jpg Oc End 01.jpg Ocular 01.jpg Ocular 02.jpg Ocular 03.jpg Side 01.jpg Side 02.jpg Side 03.jpg Side 05.jpg Side 041.jpg Weaver Stamp.jpg

It is pretty nice. I hesitated to let it go but I don't currently have a vintage rifle to put it back on and I hate to see it just sit and rust!

These old scopes are as bright as any modern high-end scope. I have an old Burris (the first Burris variable scope made in Colorado) and the optics is super bright.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.