JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How big is your outer circle for prep?

The sun is a tempestuous mistress - and her outbursts are becoming more and more violent as the weeks go on.

NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory spotted the summer's first 'X' solar flare on Friday - a huge outburst from the sun right at the top of the scale.

This came on the back of 12 'M' flares in just six days, with a M6.1 flare knocking out radio signals across the planet on Thursday - hinting at the destruction the sun could reign on our technology if Earth takes a full blast across its blow.

The sunspot group behind the flares - named as AR1515 - stretches across 118,681 miles (191,000km) of the sun's surface.

Read more: The sun's solar flares keep on getting stronger - with latest hot spot the size of 15 Earths strung together | Mail Online

Bigest EMP we'll ever see if a big flare hits.

LOL!

Unfortunately, many 'experts' agree that a solar EMP would result in mass casualties. There will never be a man-made EMP because the social engineers who plan such things have far too much to lose in terms of control/surveillance, but the SUN is another story. No, Iran and others are not plotting EMPs; those who believe that are victims of ridiculous propaganda and fear mongering.

LOL!

Unfortunately, many 'experts' agree that a solar EMP would result in mass casualties. There will never be a man-made EMP because the social engineers who plan such things have far too much to lose in terms of control/surveillance, but the SUN is another story. No, Iran and others are not plotting EMPs; those who believe that are victims of ridiculous propaganda and fear mongering.

WHile I will not comment on Iran,

As well know a solar emp has happened before taking the telegraph in the 1800's, a solar flare of similar size would wreak havoc on todays communications systems and is just another reason to be a prepper, I bet the people who are just getting their power back in DC and surrounding areas wished they had prepared better.

Everyone needs to ask themselves what do they believe in their worse scenario and use that as the basis of preparations and then look at other things in a broader mind, you will find yourself preparing for a broadeer range of situations as I did.

Yes. Since I can't prep for everything, I prep for the most likely (in fact, unavoidable) coming economic/empire collapse of this country. IMO, right now we are the equivalent of the USSR circa 1988. The difference is our near term collapse will be much more harsh and there will not be a significant recovery in our lifetimes.

Bernie Lowenstein (the USA) is already economically dead. The financial arms and legs are just being moved back and forth to simulate life while the banksters drive the final nails in the coffin.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/70-reasons-to-mourn-for-america

Agreed, as most I watched it unfold, but having spent 2 years in West Germany on the chez. border during early 1980's I was watching with increased interest and awe at the time, because I did not believe it was possible for such a nation to go into such chaos so quickly.

I have to fully agree with on this BURT, at least the Russians at the time were use to rationing and self reliance, here in the U.S. and many other nations such as much of japan, and Europe are dependant upon WalMart, fred Meir, Aldi (is big in germany and belguim, stores are twice the size as here). Most of the people I live around and work with cannot go a week without running to the grocery or starving. When our crisis happens it going to be much, much worse from lack of food, public transportation for those who rely on it, which a lot of people who work in the eastern cities commute by public transportation and the poor in inner cities rely on it, with fuel being next, gas stations could pump fuel because they did not have power and definitely did not have enough to run their automated pumps and cash registers.

if a solar flare like the one in 1859 were to hit us we would not have to worry about our failing economy it would be shut down look at what the little one in the 80s did to montreal i think it was .... it caused millions of dollars to an electrical station no power for days now blow that up to the scale of the one in 1859 and we will have total caios here like said above to many people depend on wal mart and such to live...... we would be looking at several months or more to have the power grids back up all i can say is i hope it doesnt happen most people are not prepped enough for it.... and it will be an ugly chain of events that will follw

Here's a quote from Yahoo today: "The Sun has unleashed four potent solar flares this week, marking the most intense activity yet this year and causing limited interruptions to high-frequency radio communications.
One of them was classified as an X3.2 flare, with X-class flares being the most intense type, the US space agency said.
"This is the strongest X-class flare of 2013 so far, surpassing in strength the two X-class flares that occurred earlier in the 24-hour period," NASA said of the flare that peaked at 0111 GMT Tuesday.
A fourth X-class flare peaked at 0148 GMT on Wednesday, NASA said".

AR1515 has a width more than 15 Earths set end to end ? Must be a coinkidink that the "15" is in there. Maybe AR stands for ARea. If not, I hope I don't live to see AK4747 or .308308 flare up.......

...jus sayin is all...

Who comes up with these names anyway?

From NASA
"Significant Solar Events:
As in March, a single sunspot region, named AR1515, was the source of all flares between July 2-7. In total, AR1515 released 13 M class, 1 X class and numerous C class flares during its transit of the sun.
07.02.12 – M5.6 Flare
07.04.12 – M5.3 Flare
07.05.12 – M6.1 Flare
07.06.12 – X1.1 Flare
07.07.12 – M6.9 Flares
07.12.12 – X1.4 Flare
07.30.12 – M6.2 Flare"

Bert, is yer disco ball going to be silent and dark if we take a shot across the bows?

there is supposed to be a x- class solar flare headed our way, with a 40% chance of hitting the earth a glancing blow today, its from the previous x-class flare event that happened 2 days ago, it takes 2 days to get here. maybe we will get so see some northern lights tonight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top