JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
White cotton shorties, even with boots. Wearing shorts in the summer I probably look like a nerd in them and tennis shoes but I have the fashion sense of a color-blind clown. should look into that probably..

A guy I worked with years ago said "your life is only as good as your socks"

I think he was on to something.

I really like Smartwool socks. I wear light ones in the summer and heavy in the winter

I had a SAD for awhile (sock acquisition disorder)
I'm a HUGE fan of my Smartwool socks, especially their "micro" socks since I wear shorts year 'round. There's just something about wool
Right there with Smartwool is Keen. I'm a fan, not wool, but comfy.
lastly
Also a big fan of Farm to Feet wool socks. US made wool. US made socks. Even US made cardstock for the packaging. They make a wading sock which is awesome if you're a wade fisherman. Knee height length keeps materials from bunching, cutting off circulation and causing cold feet.

Darn Tough of Vermont. Merino Wool. They have a lifetime wear guarantee. Wear them out...get a hole in them...and they'll replace them for free. They'll be the last pair of socks you buy.

I'm the prince and the pea when it comes to socks. If they don't fit 100% perfect, the rest of the package goes to the Goodwill. Every time I find socks that I like, I go back to buy more and too often they no longer carry them.

I like medium weight boot socks, polyester/cotton blend. If they don't stay up, I'll never wear them again.

Fred Meyer sometimes carries these...
6b01ad99-d752-469b-b0b3-e0a56b2d30cf_zpsukcp4681.jpg

Available in crew length, or over the calf boot length. I buy the store out whenever I find them.

WAYNO.

I have been wearing mostly cotton blends - from Freddies.
But the more I learn about Merino, the more I like it.

I tried to get some CostCo (Kirlland) wool - they were out of stock - online.
I ordered a pair of Darn Tough. What is difference between their Hunting and the Hikers?
Amazon.com: Darn Tough Vermont Men's Merino Wool Boot Cushion Hiking Socks: Sports & Outdoors

Reviewers on Amazon say People Socks have changed - were great, now they seem to be sucking profits.

I'll look at some Smartwool.

I wear Hanes socks but not the value pack. I buy the good ones that are 3 to a pack. I found that they do not lose their shape. As for winter socks, I have many pairs of wool that I picked up at the Army Navy store plus quite a few pairs from Burton.

Thick wool socks, winter and summer. Those taller merino wool blend jobs in the winter (Costco) and the shorter Gold Toe (brand) wool blend ankle socks (Fred Meyer) in summer with shorts. Had this conversation a few times, and some ask if the wool makes my feet too warm or sweaty. Quite the opposite. Actually far less than any synthetic or cotton sock, thick or thin. Dry, cushioned and comfy in sneakers, dress shoes, hikers and snow boots.

Kirkland Signature Men's Outdoor Trail Sock Merino Wool Blend Large (4 Pairs): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

hi tech power socks - Google Search

Last Edited:
i wear sealskinz socks when im deer or elk hunting. the only drawback is that they are waterproof both ways incase one accidentally gets water in from the opening

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top