JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else like this stuff o_O I've been smoking my on for a few years now. My personal favorite is the tillamook extra sharp cheddar that's been aged 15 years. I smoke it with a mix of Maple, Hickory and Cherry wood.

E056FA27-B808-41BE-8A69-33EBBA3BA909.jpeg

Got a 5lb loaf of extra sharp vintage white in the back of the fridge that's going on 10 years when I eventually open it I'll probably smoke half of it. Hard to beat aged tillamook cheddar.

Anyone else like this stuff o_O I've been smoking my on for a few years now. My personal favorite is the tillamook extra sharp cheddar that's been aged 15 years. I smoke it with a mix of Maple, Hickory and Cherry wood.

View attachment 410632

You sir, have the EXACT same tastes as I do. Tillamook extra sharp, smoked slow and cold. I could live off it. :D

1) it's hard to improve on bone stock Tillamook cheese;
2) I have done a 'not very impressive' job a few times and need more excuses to practice;
links/recipes/etc appreciated

Okay, that does it! I'm buying a smoker. I've put it off and put it off, but you had me at smoked cheese. It seems like a perfect time to get one and hopefully there may be some on sale as well.

FWIW, There's a satellite Rogue Creamery dairy nearby that has a small cheese shop. They make a Smoky Blue that is flat out addictive.
The actual plant is about thirty miles from here and there's a better retail selection there, but this is close and has enough variety for me.
They produce a fairly diverse line of cheeses, but they're most known for their Blue cheeses and have won a zillion awards with the stuff.

Okay, that does it! I'm buying a smoker. I've put it off and put it off, but you had me at smoked cheese. It seems like a perfect time to get one and hopefully there may be some on sale as well.

FWIW, There's a satellite Rogue Creamery dairy nearby that has a small cheese shop. They make a Smoky Blue that is flat out addictive.
The actual plant is about thirty miles from here and there's a better retail selection there, but this is close and has enough variety for me.
They produce a fairly diverse line of cheeses, but they're most known for their Blue cheeses and have won a zillion awards with the stuff.

And me suffering without anything of the kind.

ANIMALS!

I have all the stuff to set up for cold smoking just haven't got around to putting it together yet. Mailbox, ducting and all.
Probably when it starts raining again, need to get caught up on some shooting this week.

Wish I could get the 15-year... the only place I've been able to find the good stuff is at the company store, and last time I was in town the oldest they had was 3-year.

I might still have some in the freezer from fifteen years ago in college, though... o_O:eek:

I said no no no I don't smoke it no more, I am tired of waking up on the floor. No thank you please it only makes me sneeze and then it makes it hard to find a door.o_O How ya'll get that lit to smoke it?:D

Impossible to screw up smoking cheese, and Tillamook cheese is some of the best on the entire planet! Cold smoked is the best, and we like the medium cheddar here! Has such a mild and yet complex flavor when cold smoked with Apple and hickory! Yum yum! One of the better things about visiting the PNW:) add in some nice summer sausage and sweet butter crackers, i could live on that!:)

Man that's awesome. Was just watching a show today about a national champeen in France that modifies already made and excellent cheeses (about 180 different kinds are made just in France) by further aging with added molds and or herbs etc.
It's a pretty big deal/business across the world to do that.
There's gotta be an infinite number of variables involved in the above, before you even adds da smoke.
nice

I had smoked cheese for the first time just this year. Drove out to Wallowa lake in early spring and picked up a smoked pepperjack cheese from some little market in Joseph, best cheese I have ever had.

Impossible to screw up smoking cheese, and Tillamook cheese is some of the best on the entire planet! Cold smoked is the best, and we like the medium cheddar here! Has such a mild and yet complex flavor when cold smoked with Apple and hickory! Yum yum! One of the better things about visiting the PNW:) add in some nice summer sausage and sweet butter crackers, i could live on that!:)

You my friend have never eaten good cheese if you think Tillamook Cheese is something special.
I will never forget moving to the PNW [ over 40 years ago ] and purchasing my first block of Tillamook Cheese. Haven eaten the finest cheese on the east coast from places like Wisconsin, Vermont and the state of NY. Tillamook cheese doesn't come close to many of the aged specialty cheeses from other states in this good old USA.

Don't get hooked on the label or the brand, expand your horizons and you will never regret it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top