JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SMITH & WESSON NIGHT GUARD 315NG 38 SPECIAL

I bought this piece new and it has not been fired since it left the factory. It is a matte black 6 round .38 Special Night Guard with a 2.5” barrel built on the K frame. It has a Scandium-alloy frame with a stainless steel cylinder—light weight (24 oz.), but heavy duty. It is approved for .38 special +P ammunition. The front sight is a XS “big dot” tritium night sight. The rear sight is a Cylinder and Slide Extreme Duty fixed sight. The grips are Pachmayr compacts. These custom features came standard from the Smith & Wesson factory. More details in the following reviews:

Smith & Wesson’s New Night Guard Series Revolvers

Own the night

I bought this revolver partially for investment purposes—fewer than 1,000 were built, and as time passes I expect this revolver to increase in value. If you want it as a shooter, it is an excellent concealed carry weapon—with defense rounds such as Speer Short Barrel .38 +P ammunition, it has plenty of firepower for “social situations,” and quick and accurate follow up shots will be easy. It would also serve well as a woman’s carry gun—light but not so light as to make recoil a problem. I really like this gun, but unfortunately, I need to sell it.

It is yours for $700 cash (considerably less than I paid for it.) I have a Sideguard holster for it that I will include at no extra cost. The holster is quite tight—I only put the revolver in it once. It would need to be loosened up a little.) One stipulation: For a private sale, I would require submission of Form FIR-652-004 “Pistol/Revolver Private Disposition/Transfer” to the Washington Depart of licensing, or have a gun shop process the transaction at the buyer’s expense. Washington buyers preferred, but will sell to an Oregon buyer if the buyer can get a gun shop to process the transaction at the buyer's expense.