JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some advice concerning my 29-2 that was made in the early 70's. The gun was given to me by my father-in-law and the first time I took it to the range the nickle plating flaked off of the cylinder after just a few shots. I haven't looked into the cost of refinishing it yet and what I'm wondering is if I would recoup the cost of re-plating the gun if I decided to sell it. Is it very common for nickle plating to flake off. If I send it to Smith and Wesson what is the chance they would consider it a manufacturing defect?

Thanks,

Dave

I would try talking to smith & Wesson first if your worried about resale value. work done at the factory would not hurt your resale too bad on this vintage revolver. I wouldn't spend too much money fixing it either. you probably wont get it back. You have the best double action revolver made in my opinion, although I don't care for the chrome plating. whether or not the factory will cover the cost is something a simple call should answer. hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews