JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some advice concerning my 29-2 that was made in the early 70's. The gun was given to me by my father-in-law and the first time I took it to the range the nickle plating flaked off of the cylinder after just a few shots. I haven't looked into the cost of refinishing it yet and what I'm wondering is if I would recoup the cost of re-plating the gun if I decided to sell it. Is it very common for nickle plating to flake off. If I send it to Smith and Wesson what is the chance they would consider it a manufacturing defect?

Thanks,

Dave

I would try talking to smith & Wesson first if your worried about resale value. work done at the factory would not hurt your resale too bad on this vintage revolver. I wouldn't spend too much money fixing it either. you probably wont get it back. You have the best double action revolver made in my opinion, although I don't care for the chrome plating. whether or not the factory will cover the cost is something a simple call should answer. hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top