JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone in Southern Oregon have any experience smelting cartridge brass? I've got about 30lbs of cases and spent primers saved up that I need to have smelted down in into some 2.5"x8"x4.5" ingots.

The end goal of this project is to have them milled into AR receivers for a charity auction. Maybe casting the receivers would be easier but I don't know anything about metallurgy and not sure how much shrinkage one could expect.

<broken link removed>

The end goal of this project is to have them milled into AR receivers for a charity auction.

Are you talking completed stripped lower receivers or 80%s / uppers? I'd imagine there's a bunch of legal muck involved with creating lower receivers not intended for your own use unless you're a manufacturer. Just something that springs to mind.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They'd be 0% for what I need. I've floated the idea to a couple different manufacturers and they're tentatively on board with finishing/manufacturing the recievers for me. I just need to get the ingots/casting first before I take those talks any further.

The finished project will be serialized guns from a PNW manufacturer

They'd be 80%. I've floated the idea to a couple different manufacturers and they're tentatively on board with finishing them for me. I just need to get the ingots/casting first before I take those talks any further.

The finished project will be serialized guns from a PNW manufacturer

Sweet, sounds like a fun project. I'd love to see the finished results.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top