1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

co2 cartridge

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alexcassidy, May 12, 2011.

1. alexcassidy

alexcassidy WA New Member

is there any special secret something you can make with an unused co2 cartridge or a bunch of unused co2 cartridges? (not whipits) i have a few and im gonna toss them out unless...
  2. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

Do not know - How about contacting the companies to see if they can be recylced back. MAybe there is an outfit that will take them off your hands vs throwing inb the trash
  3. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

Fill one with water, solder the end shut, and put a propane torch to the side. I'm assuming you're smart enough to stand back.

They go pretty good, but can split open like a sausage. It takes a while as the lead melts at 600 degrees or so. If you really want to be cool, paint it like the Evel Kneivel Snake River Rocket Cycle, that was steam too.

Don't point a loaded CO2 cartidge at anything you don't want to shoot, yada yada yada.
  4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

My uncle used to fill them with black powder, cork and wax the top with a length of cannon fuse in. His wife was a partner in a catering service so he got them by the box-load. He'd take them out to his local lake and 'fish'.
  5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

There are a number of things you can do with them, but I'm not doing to discuss it openly on an internet forum.