JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I doubt I will use this shotgun for anything but birds,I would like to know if I can run slugs thru it.
I have the skeet choke in it and it is the biggest of the ones that came with it. But I cut open a slug shell and the slug it self, will not go in the choke very far. I;m fine with it fitting the barrel ike this but not sure about it not gliding thru the choke
Anybody here use a choked barrel for any shotgun or do you change to a slug barrel?

Thanks
Mike

Well I took it out today,my $1600 safe queen,lol.Not bragging as that aint much for a gun but it is for me and a ton for a safe queen for me.
It now has about 100 rounds thru it.
It went fine and was quite good out to around 50 plus yards.
I used the skeet choke.
Thanks for the responses

I am late to the thread, but if I recall correctly IC was mentioned at the shotgun course I went to. We shot bird, buck and slugs. (My guns a Remington 887 and Mossberg 930 had no chokes, not that I would know the difference, but the instuctors did,)

I did see a Benelli there that was hot-rodded, not like a dedicated competition gun, but a lot more on the Tacti-cool side. I admit I drooled a little.

My 887 looks cool, but at least when new, functioned poorly, taught me a lot about shotgun malfunctions though and I have cycled it anther 5,000 times (If I turn it upside down I can still get it to malfunction, I will cycle it some more)

Mossberg 930 was great.

I've shot plenty of slugs through Benelli IM chokes and seen others go up to full.

Your millage may vary. As pointed out benelli advises not to go tighter than IC and I would test up to the max choke you want to use prior to using it in a setting where it will count for something.

Changing to a rifled barrel is very expensive on a Benelli. Might try to find a rifled choke; short of that, I would find a cylinder choke - scraping the sides of a slug with the skeet or tighter choke is not really going to be good for the choke or the muzzle in the long run; might get bulging.

Changing to a rifled barrel is very expensive on a Benelli. Might try to find a rifled choke; short of that, I would find a cylinder choke - scraping the sides of a slug with the skeet or tighter choke is not really going to be good for the choke or the muzzle in the long run; might get bulging.
My skeet choke is the biggest ID of all my chokes

Safely shoot soft lead thimbles in a shotgun?

Why yes of course, after all rifled slugs are, when all is said and done, simply hollowed out, easily compressed, soft lead thimbles!