JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have had SKS's along time and many variations, I have Norincos and Yugos and have done machine work myself on several.
The question I have is I recently in a trade picked up a 1964 Yugo that was using duckbill magazines and came with a SKS stock fixed magazine and bunch extras. Well I went thru the whole firearm checking dissembling everything to make sure no cracks, rust or anything. I decided on resemble to put the stock 10 fixed back in that was not installed when I got it.
Well it doesn't fit. So I take one off another Yugo it doesn't fit, nor does a Norinco off a 72. Now I am puzzled under very very close inspection no grinding was done on the firearm or removals of metal and the duckbills fits nice and snug.
The fixed mag that came with it does not match the numbers on the firearm. However my other 1967 10 rd fixed Yugo also doesn't fit either. I have one pristine 1967 all matching numbers and is a Yugo and wont fit .

To answer some questions that might be asked.
Yes the receiver was checked and the numbers and marking as Yugoslavia, it also has the grenade launcher and that is typical of these models. I have allot of experience working on these firearms. And why I know bolts can vary and such firearm to firearm, the bolt and receiver numbers match so it not relates to that either.
To note the duckbill work fine. So why cant a fixed fit ?

Open to any ideas I picked it up 4 months ago and it has me stumped.

Something about this is kind of bugging me, like I should know how to make this work. I sold my last SKS about a year ago, but remember some silly issue re-installing the 10 round mag after I'd removed it to put in a duckbill. Somethin's goofy, like the trigger group needs to be removed before the first half (upper) of the 10 round mag will fit.
Obviously I can't remember and I don't have any manuals that cover this gun any more, but a little research, maybe even You Tube, and I'm sure you'll get it figgered out. Let me know if you do.

Something about this is kind of bugging me, like I should know how to make this work. I sold my last SKS about a year ago, but remember some silly issue re-installing the 10 round mag after I'd removed it to put in a duckbill. Somethin's goofy, like the trigger group needs to be removed before the first half (upper) of the 10 round mag will fit.
Obviously I can't remember and I don't have any manuals that cover this gun any more, but a little research, maybe even You Tube, and I'm sure you'll get it figgered out. Let me know if you do.

Hi there,
I actually resolved it forgot about the post here. I swear I must have taken several dozen different years of these down to parts and never had an issue I know most every part of these pretty well and is why I was stumped.

Upon checking the magazine why not damaged had a longer front lip then my other Yugo's, anyways the problem was resolved by tilting the trigger maybe 7degrees and then dropping the 10rd into it its easier on a gun stand which I have but took two hands and it dropped in but had to drop the trigger group and the mag at the same time if you try and do it the normal way it wouldnt fit odd. . My other SKS's no issues they drop right in this one seems to have a lip. Now the same duckbills fit all the SKS's I have but for some reason the 10rdMagazine was like 1/16" on the lip different which when the trigger was all the way it would not fit in the slot. Do know its a Yugo as the serial verifies that as well as the gas switch. So now I am trying to figure why its different then any of others. I am going to check the head space on it in a few days luckily I wont have to remove the trigger or mag to check it :)

But its resolved :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads