JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm just curious if anyone on this forum has seen one similar to this SKS I just got.

It's got no bayonet lug and the barrel is 20 inches or so.

Markings:

Right side of barrel: SK 7.62 CHINA
Left side of barrel: CAI ST ALB VT

Receiver has what appears to be a triangle but can't tell 'cause previous owner painted over it .:-(

The serial # is 22xxxxx
and the magazine, bolt and bolt cover have the same last 5 digits as the serial #.

Pics. sks_1.jpg sks_2.jpg sks_3.jpg

sks_1.jpg

sks_2.jpg

sks_3.jpg

It doesn't look like a late import model to me with the information you have provided.

If you would answer these questions it would help with the dating:

Is the serial number in front of the triangle or behind it when reading from left to right?

Is it a /26\ or a triangle some other number?

Are there three Chinese characters that translate to Type 56 stamped on the receiver?

Would you verify it is a 7 digit serial number and not an 8 digit serial number? :)

It doesn't look like a late import model to me with the information you have provided.

If you would answer these questions it would help with the dating:

Is the serial number in front of the triangle or behind it when reading from left to right?

Is it a /26\ or a triangle some other number?

Are there three Chinese characters that translate to Type 56 stamped on the receiver?

Would you verify it is a 7 digit serial number and not an 8 digit serial number? :)

Thanks for your responses, taking a closer look I can answer Ogre's questions:

1- It has a triangle with the number 26, then 3 chinese characters, then the serial # (Left to Right) -

2- The triangle is plant 26.

3- Correction, the serial # is 8 digits and starts with 122 (I Noticed these after scraping the paint off the receiver, apparently the previous owner was trying to make it look all black).

So by looking at the following reference page Chinese SKS Type 56 ID FAQ the serial # would be a 1968 model? Not sure here.

The Barrel is attached to the receiver with a Short Barrel lug, which would put it in the 1965 to 1980 years.

What throws me off is the barrel doesn't have a bayonet lug at all, and I don't have the original wood stock, I bought it as is with the plastic stock.

Thank you all.

You are correct as to the year of manufacture. Removing the bayonet lug was/is a common practice by Bubba to,"sporterize" it but some were also modified to meet California and perhaps other states requirements. If you need the year of importation I would recommend that you write Century Arms directly. :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews