JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the Big Dot XS Sights on my Shield and Glock 19. Both were installed by John at NW Custom Firearms in Vancouver. I have 20/20 distance vision but need reading glasses for close-up work, so the big dot XS sights help me get that flash sight picture.

XS Big Dot sights.jpg

You could always buy a sight pusher and just do them yourself.

I looked at this option I just don't see spending $100+ on a tool that will work on one gun and that I will most likely only use once. Every one I saw that would work for the shield only works for the shield. It wouldn't even work on my M&P 9. So I was hoping to find a package deal like say they would install them if I bought the sights from them type of deal. o_O

I looked at this option I just don't see spending $100+ on a tool that will work on one gun and that I will most likely only use once. Every one I saw that would work for the shield only works for the shield. It wouldn't even work on my M&P 9. So I was hoping to find a package deal like say they would install them if I bought the sights from them type of deal. o_O

I'm sorta having the same dilemma. I've got two M&P's that I want to swap out the sights on. Two guns makes it a bit more justifiable to go with a M&P specific sight pusher...vs. spending more to buy a universal sight pusher. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy a universal one. I've been in this hobby a good long time and don't see getting out of it ever. So I'll likely get more use out of it over the years. And particularly when I live in an area where there aren't a lot of Smiths...so I'll save $100 on the shipping of each future gun. This is me trying to rationalize the price of an expensive sight pusher. ;)

Painted my front sight white with some of Wifey's fingernail polish when she was out. LOL. Very cheap investment for a clear front sight every time. Did take me a little while and a few trips to my LGS to get the sights exactly where I wanted them. My Shield did not come POA=POI right outta the box. Does now :)

I did the Shield Trijicon HD night sights with the front post being Orange and two rear dots green. If you buy them from Sporting Systems in Vancouver they will do the install free. I purchased elsewhere and still had them do the install for about $20 IIRC

Last Edited:
I change my sights with a hammer and punch bought at sportsman's warehouse. I put some paper towels between the punch and sight. Smack it out. File the new sight down. Apply lock tight. Smack it in. Go shoot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top