JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased 4 Sig Sauer SP2022's with factory night sights for my daughters and another for myself. My ladies have fired about 500 rounds each, and i have put over 1000 through mine.

We have not experienced any failures to feed, fire, or extract with any ammunition we have tried. The ammunition we have used so far: 115g rem jhp reloads made by my daughter's, glazers with the blue tip +p 80g , win 115g silvertip jhp's, win 147g jhp's, rem 115g jhp's, buffalo bore 115g +p jhp's, black hills 124g +p jhp's, federal 115g fmj, and a few other brands as well.
We even mixed different brands, bullet weights, and power levels in the magazine's, without failures.

Mine has been shot by a variety of people including a friends 9 year old daughter, without problems.

We did have trouble getting 15 rounds into the magazines at first, the springs are very strong.

After about 700 rounds i did notice some slight wear in the guide rod, about 1/2" from the muzzle end. The wear has not gotten any worse yet, but i am keeping a close eye on it.

I talked with a guy that has a Sp2022 in 40S&W, that say's he has over 4000 rounds fired and his has the same kind of wear on the guide rod.

If i experience more wear on the guide rod, i will consider switching all of ours out for stainless steel guide rods.

M67

The claim is that this gun mirrors the look and performance of the famed H&K USP , but for half the cost. The holster problem I'm hearing about will be explored when I get the gun and try it in various holsters. Finding extra mags may also be a problem. The upgrade to a SS guide rod would be my first preventative action...never trust your life on a piece of plastic IMO.

If you don't trust plastic - why are you looking at a plastic gun?

Glocks have used plastic guide rods for decades - and despite all the folks who waste money on steel guide rods - they don't have issues with the guide rods breaking. Replacing the internals with non-standard parts can lead to reliability problems or failures - things you don't need in a carry gun. If there was a real problem with the polymer guide rods in the 2022's - Sig would've changed the part by now. Spend the money you'd spend for a steel guide rod on break-in ammo or a night-sight upgrade.

Holsters are actually fairly easy to come by also - I've seen both production leather holsters and plastic (kydex or injection molded) holsters for the Sig Pro's. And a custom holster maker can make a holster for any gun. There's local guys (some who are even part of this forum) that do custom kydex rigs - and if they don't have the blue gun mold - they can mold the holster to your actual gun for the best fit. I've seen these guys offering rigs for as little as $40 a pop for a cross-breed style hybrid holster.

They are definitely one of, if not the best gun out there for $400 new.

Some of us that are compelled to customize and modify sometime over-detail or reinforce everything are just fabrication freaks playing. The polymer rod will be given a good looking at for wear and such.
Also, something that I noticed on this particular gun, which differed from the other models..is it true it only comes in one version only ? No variations ?

My S&W 9mm's had a polymer guide rod as well and lasted a very long time, about 7000-8000 rounds each and were still working great when i sold the handguns.

With the Sig Sauer SP2022, the guide rod is made out of the same material as the frame, which is a very tough material. The wear i am receiving, is due to the spring design, i belive. The recoil guide rod spring on the SP2022's is a flat type and not the round type found in S&W, Hi-Power's etc..

I have a Blackhawk serpa level 2 holster, that i am using now and it works great. And many holsters made for the Sig Sauer SP2022 can be found to fit your needs, just do a google search.
I am searching now for a blackhawk serpa style holster, that will accept the handgun with the light or laser attatched, to the rail.

The extra factory magazines were easy for me to find and cost about $32.00 each.

M67

Last Edited:
They made a few variants in the Sig pros - some have slide mounted safeties (special run for foreign government in South America) - I've seen some finish variations - similar to the Equinox.

have never seen or heard of a size variant - no long slides, no sub compacts.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews