Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P239 question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by hntn&fshn, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hntn&fshn

hntn&fshn Boring Member

If you were going to purchase a P239, would you pay the extra price for the CCP model that comes with a Sig holster, 3 mags, and mag pouch? Or would you save money and buy the basic model, gun and two mags (I believe?) and then buy after market accessories? I guess I am wondering if the Sig accessories are as good or better quality than aftermarket holster/pouch? Last question, is Keith's the best price for a Sig or is there any one else that has better than really poor customer relations that can at least match his prices? TIA

2. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

I don't see a CCP model on their website... can you link it?

I like sig accessories, but then again, I'm a fanboy of Sig.

However, there are usually better aftermarket deals.
    e.g., have you considered a galco holster?

Magazines, the OEM ones from Sig are MecGar - which you can get for MUCH cheaper than from Sig if you can live with blued ones instead of teflon-coated. Just go to cheaperthandirt.com , I stocked up on 10+ of these bad-boys :D

3. golfnutrlv

golfnutrlv Spokane, WA Member

I don't have a Sig (want one down the road) but I know that I am picky about holsters and other gear. If the price difference is small enough, do it for the extra mag and either use the holster or get a new one.

4. hntn&fshn

hntn&fshn Boring Member

I couldn't find it on their website either, but there are several on gunbroker. Here is a link to one of them: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120997435
    I know very little about auto loading pistols or the accessories to carry them so I don't know if I would be better off purchasing them separately or, is the Sig holster a good value? Regarding blued equipment, and this is purely personal of course, but I will not own any guns that have blued parts on them unless they are coated to be rust resistant - I live in the valley;) My understanding is that the newer Sig P239 (and others) are built with a combination of anodized frame (I assume aluminum?), coated stainless Slide and poly? Please let me know if this is not the case.

5. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

ohhh.... I like...

Well, let's put it this way: I would pay the extra for that setup.

But then again, NWMoss = Sig Fanboy

I'm up in the air between that and a XD carry...

I think the Fanboy in me will win out...

I'll see if I can research the frame composition - now you've got me curious.

6. hntn&fshn

hntn&fshn Boring Member

Me too :thumbup: The holster looks like it would work great but since I have no experience with it - I just don't know?