JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seeking wisdom here from folks who have compared the Sig TGL to the Crimson Trace Laserguard.

The Sig offering costs $30 less, is a stock part and it's Sig branded for whatever that might be worth. The lazer appears to be activated by a button on the left side.

The Crimson Trace Laserguard is activated by a pressure pad on the front of the handgrip and CT is a leader, if not THE leader in lazer sights for pistols. To me the pressure pad looks as if it might make gripping the gun more awkward, or perhaps more securely with big hands.

Comparison of build quality, durability, battery life, lazer brightness and beam, and particularly ease and speed of turning on the Sig unit would be appreciated.

Also thoughts on being able to NOT have the lazer on is certain circumstances, which seems it would be difficult with the CT model, etc.

TIA,
HB

The Sig laser is junk. I went through three in a month that Sig kept replacing. They would shut down while shooting ;^(
I bought a Crimsontrace, NO issues at all

ct all the way and in my opinion the only way. as far as not having it on at certain times that is no problem with just a little less pressure on the top finger, not hard to do at all

ct all the way and in my opinion the only way. as far as not having it on at certain times that is no problem with just a little less pressure on the top finger, not hard to do at all

Makes sense, and I was going to play with that possibility.

Another related Q that comes to mind is are there any issues if a Lazerguard is used in conjunction with the Hogue rubber grip made for the P238? Looks as if there would be some overlap of grip and lazer actuation pad.

Makes sense, and I was going to play with that possibility.

Another related Q that comes to mind is are there any issues if a Lazerguard is used in conjunction with the Hogue rubber grip made for the P238? Looks as if there would be some overlap of grip and lazer actuation pad.

It is an issue with the CrimsonTrace. I just marked the overlap and cut it out with an xacto knife......works fine

Y'all,
Got the CT Lazerguard via Big Brown today. Ordered it on last Friday. Nice.
Installing it was a snap, literally. Have to check the zero and the 238 will be good to go.
Thanks for the inspirational info.
HB

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany