JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled upon this "like new" nickel Sig P228. Too pretty to leave behind. Don't know much about them. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

8FF0FE66-2AB3-45C6-A731-E76480FE936E.jpeg

Last Edited:
I got a nickel one too. Only it's a P220 (.45 ACP). Made in W. Germany in 1992. I got it used. So, I doubt that the box is original. Probably, just something someone picked up at a much later date.

Sig-P220-Nickel.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Considering current gun prices, that seems pretty reasonable for an excellent condition nickel "W. Germany" model. Check on sigforum.com and see what they're selling for.
Been an interesting day. I just sold it an hour ago for $2k. Wasn't planning to sell it, but the buyer was insistent. He says he can get $3k+ in his neck of the woods. All the power to him. It sat in the shop I bought it from for 6 months, receiving no interest.

The 228 was adopted as the concealed carry pistol for most of DOD in the late 1980s. When we were issued ours, I was so impressed by it, I bought my own. I put untold thousands of rounds through the Army's gun, and my own. Never, ever once, a jam or stoppage. They are accurate, handy, and ridiculously easy to disassemble. The newest iteration, the M-11, is the same pistol, with ambidextrous controls, but essentially the same gun. For me, Sigs are still the gold standard for carry pistols.

I would have put it on GB honestly, especially given the buyers keeness:- regular used 228's go for $1200- I think that very rare nickel one would have seen a lot of interest, assuming it was factory, looked unfired and it had box/papers...

Been an interesting day. I just sold it an hour ago for $2k. Wasn't planning to sell it, but the buyer was insistent. He says he can get $3k+ in his neck of the woods. All the power to him. It sat in the shop I bought it from for 6 months, receiving no interest.
Nicely done! It was nice but I would have done exactly the same thing. I've got a couple of "unique" Sigs and plan to list them for high prices on the sigforum and Gunbroker. We'll see what happens.

The 228 was adopted as the concealed carry pistol for most of DOD in the late 1980s. When we were issued ours, I was so impressed by it, I bought my own. I put untold thousands of rounds through the Army's gun, and my own. Never, ever once, a jam or stoppage. They are accurate, handy, and ridiculously easy to disassemble. The newest iteration, the M-11, is the same pistol, with ambidextrous controls, but essentially the same gun. For me, Sigs are still the gold standard for carry pistols.
I wasn't aware the M-11 had ambi-controls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top