JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any Sig P226 TacOps 9mm owners out there? I just bought one and then started reading that they have some mag problems since switching from Mecgar. Anyone have any issues? I'm waiting for mine to arrive from a dealer on Gun Broker and I hope I don't have issues. If anyone out there is an expert, let me know the do's and don't and where to get good gear (like replacement mags).

I'm new to Sig and other than this mag issue on the 20 rounders, I've never heard anything bad. Any advice, comments, etc would be appreciated. Thanks.

I should have considered the MK25 since both of my Daughters are serving in the Navy. Hmm... My oldest is on the USS Shoup and my youngest is on the USS Ronald Reagan.

Top gun supply is gonna be your best bet for factory SIG parts and mags. I really doubt you'll have any issues with the mags. Sounds like there were a few bad apples for a spell and the internet blew the problem out of proportion.

I just pick up P226 MK25 brand new, thinking of keeping it brand new till my son shoot it :) Now making me wonder.

Not to worry, the Sig MK25 comes with the good italian made Mecgar mags. Take a look for yourself, you will see down the side in very small print "Mecgar Made in Italy".

The crappy mags are the newer Checkmate ones made here in the USA unfortunately. With that said, it's not like your new pistol won't function at all. Heck it may never exhibit a single symptom.

Stop worrying so much and put some lead through it! If it worries you a bunch, replace the Checkmates with Mecgars. I would wait and verify which in fact you get with the pistol first.

BTW, I get most of my pistol magazines from 44mag.com.

Bought a brand new MecGar mag (18 rounds) a couple of months ago and quality seems good - runs perfectly fine in my old SIG P226. Way better than a crappy ProMag I made the mistake of buying... which I promptly returned to buy another MecGar mag. :) Viva Italia.

I got a bunch of Beretta 92FS mags on the cheap (<$10) last year (not for sale). Two mods is all it took to get them to work flawlessly on my P226. If interested and you can get some, PM me and I will give you the instructions.

I attached a pic to show the modification to the 92FS follower needed to make the mag hold slide back on last round on a P226.
mod_mag_follower.jpg

mod_mag_follower.jpg