JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you think of the SIG MCX Regulator?

• Like it.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Loathe it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conflicted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Hiding behind AR500 plate because it's a SIG and someone might drop it.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Reactions

Looks like SIG is entering the ranch rifle market. It's available in 5.56 or 7.62x39, and is compatible with Mossberg 500/590 stocks. Overall I like the concept, though I wish they would have gone with a side-charging design and different handguard. I'm sick of aluminum handguards on everything - something like the MOE SL would be a lot cleaner looking and match the stock better. Also, offering a model without a threaded barrel would make it more likely to fly in ban states. What are your thoughts? Like it? Loathe it? Don't care?

Looks like SIG is entering the ranch rifle market. It's available in 5.56 or 7.62x39, and is compatible with Mossberg 500/590 stocks. Overall I like the concept, though I wish they would have gone with a side-charging design and different handguard. I'm sick of aluminum handguards on everything - something like the MOE SL would be a lot cleaner looking and match the stock better. Also, offering a model without a threaded barrel would make it more likely to fly in ban states. What are your thoughts? Like it? Loathe it? Don't care?
What are the benefits of this over other guns? I can find none myself and certainly soem drawbacks compared to other guns. Is this just another gun for fudds that wan "tactical" stuff like the expensive "tactical" lever guns? Why would someone pay $3000 for that?

5018E5E5-4954-4CB1-B20E-174C2AE25DBF.jpeg

I'm seeing just another quasi - tacticool non AR semi possibly intended for markets where ARs have been banned or might possibly be in the future. OR to appeal to those who want a SA rifle but don't want an AR.

Personally not interested.

I'm seeing just another quasi - tacticool non AR semi possibly intended for markets where ARs have been banned or might possibly be in the future. OR to appeal to those who want a SA rifle but don't want an AR.

Personally not interested.
I think there is a market specific for fudds. A new smith and Wesson product comes out with some tactical features added on to a firearm available already all over and boom, fudds say "I have to have one". Seems like that anyway.

Last Edited:
I think there is a market specific for fudds.
Well, while I still despise the term 'Fudd' , I cannot imagine this gun, or similar others, would be wanted by 'Fudds'

Not everyone wants an AR, or even something like this. I really have no desire to own one and I am hardly a 'Fudd'. I simply do not care for the ergonomics of an AR, nor really have a desire to own anything that if used in the manner in which it was designed (such as to fire large amounts of ammo) that would require lots of time on the loading bench.

NOW - I DO however own a Ruger PCC, as I 'kind of' always wanted one of the PC9s after shooting one a friend owned years ago but kind of lost the desire until I saw the new model PCC was being introduced, and then shortly thereafter 'stumbled' on one at my local Bi Mart and bought it somewhat impulsively, but part of it was because it fit me well with it's stock drop and length of pull could be modified with the spacers.

As such it is cheaper to shoot than a typical AR caliber and I don't just 'blaze away' with it either.

Originally I DID consider a 9mm AR but like I said the ergonomics do not fit me well. I could have probably assembled one with an A1 rear stock (which DO fit me better) but found the PCC first.

Kinda surprised they didn't decide to offer this one in .308. 7.62x39 was kinda smart, but the 5.56 market is saturated as it is, and 308 in this kind of platform (traditional rifle stock instead of pistol grip) is almost non-existent in terms of newer firearms.

It's ugly. But it's also exactly what somebody, somewhere has been asking for so good for them. I'll pass.
Honestly, I'm that somebody, but not for $3k and in 556. This should be a $1500 .308.

I do actually prefer a traditional (I know this is a hybrid SGA stock, but close enough) stocked rifle to a pistol gripped one.

Having a hard time seeing how it's any better than what's already out there. For 16" can have a regular AR or if want gas piston there are lots of options. If want 10 round semi auto target gun there's the short stroke gas piston sl8 or an optimized AR. All those are 1/3-1/2 the price.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews