JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys,

Been thinking really hard about this pistol and I'm thinking about picking one up... I'm really attracted to this over the mk25 because if the size and srt. What are your thoughts about this bad boy? Do regular 229 mags fit it? Anyone see one at any shops with a threaded barrel? Input is always appreciated!!

Size and SRT are why I chose it over the Mk25, great gun. Unfortunately 226 and 229 mags aren't compatible with the 229-1 frame, but it does come with three 15 round mags.

One thing with the newer p226-p229 mags is to be very careful on the ammo your loading. I remember a while back wondering why I could not seat a mag in my MK25 and realizing it was loaded with 10mm and not 9mm..

228,229,226 229-1, mags will all work in a m11a1
And yes 229 holster will work

You can not use 229-1 mags in a older frame sig but the new frames except all mags

I disagree. Last night I threw some P226 mags in both a 229-1 and M11-A1, while they "fit" in the frame they did not lock into place. Unusable.

I sold my newer 229 that used the newest 229-1 magazines.

Because, I have the old 228 and an old 229. HINT: You might also want to check if the current McGar mags are of the older style or newer style.;)

Anyway....good luck with your choice.

Aloha, Mark

The Mk25 mags are coated for salt water like the gun. I saved them as original with the gun. Regular 226 mags fit my German 228 and Seal.

Look into the 228 German. Carbon slide vs SS. No rail but fine weapon and better carry than 226, unless you are doing the whole drop holster Five O.